Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Simple Man
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just ordered a Necker or BK-11 off Ebay, new in box. Wondering what to expect, do they come with a good edge? I know I will probably wrap the handle with some 550. How is the sheeth design? Does it hold the knife in there pretty well? Thanks:thumb:

·
In need of an adventure
189 Posts
The sheath is clunky but does hold the knife well. When I got my necker I had to send it back to Kabar because it was bent. Not much, but it was out of spec. The handle was smaller than I expected. Had a decent edge but nothing to get excited about. I haven't used mine at all, I think because of the smallish handle. Neat little blade though.

·
Simple Man
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
rattles in sheeth eh?! all the reviews I have seen shows that if fits in there really snugly to the point its hard to pull out...

·
Simple Man
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Got it!

What do you know, I got my Necker today and it does rattle in the sheeth a little bit. Not to much though, it is tolerable, and my only complaint so far. The knife is razor sharp out of the box, the sheeth does retain the knife well, and its a very thin design which will make a perfect neck knife. I have not had a chance to take it out yet and I plan on doing so tomorrow. Everything so far, from reviews to me holding the knife in my hands has looked top notch, like a real beast (for a 3 1/4" blade). I love the full flat grind and the thickness of the blade. Cant wait to beat it up a little bit! I am going to try it as a neck knife for now but I do like the belt clip that is offered for it.

Oh, and some of the reviews had said it came with a 550 paracord lanyard. It does not! It comes with a lanyard, it lookes like paracord, but it has 2 inner strands that are braided nylon? So I put some real paracord on it, it was actually not bad without the handle wrap, I really just did it for the extra cordage.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts