Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
People, I'm really scared.My plant layed off last week.This week we had our hours cut.Don't the idiots in Washington see what's coming.Our business is directly related to the Big 3, I don't think a bailout will solve anything.I don't know of anything that can stop what's coming.I guess I just need to vent.I am pretty stocked up in the ammo and weapons dept.Pretty low on food.I will remedy that as much as I can.I just can't believe we are looking at total economic collapse.The thought of maybe having to use deadly force just to survive is pretty scary to me.I just read a post of a man that went through economic collapse in Agentina,I guess I am totally ignorant of this type of situation.I saw it to some extent while I volunteered in Miss. after Katrina.Anyway Good Luck to All and try to have a Merry Christmas.

·
One of the Frozen Chosen
250 Posts
Bless your heart Sierra...I'm afraid a whole lot of us will be in similar situations soon, short a miracle occurring! Good idea to start adding to your food stores, think ahead to being able to grow/hunt it as well...glad to have you on board ... there are some level-headed folks in here with great knowledge to get us ready and see this thru...whatever and for however long. Good luck and best wishes--

·
Breathe Easy
214 Posts
Keep your head up, man. Take things in stride. Hope for the best, prepare for the worst, and everything will be okay. Take a deep breath, your better off than most who are in your same situation.

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
Wish I had an answer for you . We're seeing the same thing here .
I'm self employed , in the heating business in Alaska. You'd think that would be a sure thing this time of year with 2 foot of snow on the ground.
Nada, the phone hasn't been ringing. People arn't calling for general service, not until they have no heat, then it's an emergency.
My Mrs. is baking Christmas cookies from our flour and sugar stash.
Hang in there , stock up on dry goods as you can.
God bless us all.....

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Thanks for the replies guys.I live on some acerage outside the city limits,enough I can garden and hunt which we do,I also have a good well and heat with wood.I could bail water if necessary,but I think I will add a generator and some fuel to my list of supplies.

·
Here's my safety Sir
14,678 Posts
Good luck, God Bless

·
Banned
4,937 Posts
The economic crash in this country will make the Argentine crash look like a ride in Disneyland.

In the 30's...

The Government ran surpluses.
There was still a manufacturing base.
The money was backed by gold and silver--and if you didn't loose your money in a bank closure, and had cash--it was good... and gold and silver coins were circulated along side the paper gold-backed currencies. There was no inflation.
90% of people lived in rural areas and could provide for themselves (farms, gardens etc.)
People didn't have 2nd and 3rd mortagages--if you did you were considered a looser.
There was no credit card debt--no credit cards.
People were still largely decent.
The country was largely homogenious (no Mong tribesman, Hajis, Vietnamese, etc. and dozens of languages and cultures to divide us).

Today...

The govenment runs massive deficits--in the trillions now.
The manufacturing base is largely gone now (we're the Walmart generation).
The current dollar is back by only by promises--it's just a piece of paper. Inflation is over 10% now, soon to go Weimar Republic style.
90% of the people live in urban areas--no farms, or means of food production.
Most people have credit cards--and there is massive credit card debt (which will be one of the next waves of defaults in a long series when people starte loosing their jobs).
We have lost our decency--we are now the Jerry Springer nation.
The country is currently divided into multi-ethnic, multi-language, multi-culture regions.

There will be no way to work our way out of this.

I want you to watch these vids in this thread...

http://www.survivalistboards.com/showthread.php?t=36317

Yeah it's going to get worse far worse than you can ever, ever imagine.
Gerald Celente was intervied today, and he is forecasting revolution (the not so peaceful kind). He said something very interesting, "when people loose everything, they loose it." Meaning they loose control and don't give a damn--meaning they won't care what they have to do.

T

1 - 7 of 7 Posts