Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Hunter
2,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While I'm sort of slow sometimes, I'm not too bright when it comes to internet boards and such.
So, What's with the "friend" thing here? I have a couple of friends here, people that invited me to be their friend or whatever it is. I accepted them, but was I supposed to do something else? What does this mean?

Gratzi.

·
In memory of Rokitdog
14,951 Posts
Some folks will request friendship just to add to their numbers just to promote themselves by claiming they have the most friends. I only request or accept friendships based on watching their posts and guessing they might become actual friends off-line.
After that it's totaly up to you what you do with your new on-line friend.
I have sent PMs to most of my on-line friends to establish a private relationship. To those I have not, I apologise for my lack of attention.
Anyway ,its up to you!!

·
No Hope and Change for Me
215 Posts
Next Question is......

You could try thanking folks:cool:
Maybe that is his next question! Based upon his failure to thank anyone, I bet he isn't clear on how that works. I am not trying to be a smart Ass, I am serious. It's the only reasonable explanation while giving him the benefit of the doubt.......:):thumb:

·
Hunter
2,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You could try thanking folks
I'm going to have to think about that one. I've thought that I'd not do it because while I agree with and enjoy most of the posts here, I didn't want to start selecting out which ones I like more than others in public. I may be hypersensitive/aware, but I've learned that when I give differential treatment to some in public, in front of others, things not only have the potential to get weird, but those that don't get the public stroke tend to either be resentful and/or doubt their value of their input.

The other end of that spectrum is to thank everyone and that would make it meaningless.

As I wrote the above I've decided to stick with my plan A as that's worked well for me. I just may have to put in a sigline or something stating I'm not a clueless egoist arse or the like. ;)

·
Really?
16,125 Posts
Maybe that is his next question! Based upon his failure to thank anyone, I bet he isn't clear on how that works. I am not trying to be a smart Ass, I am serious. It's the only reasonable explanation while giving him the benefit of the doubt.......:):thumb:
Surely to goodness, with 660 posts, he can see on every post is a "quote"..... "thanks" icon.....imo, your "thanks" should be more than your "thanked", but that's just me.Ymmv.

·
Information is Ammunition
22,122 Posts
I avoid it as a means of keeping myself and others a tad more safe by any snoopers.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.