Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 5 10.2%
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm curious about what styles and brands people own for their M-16 type rifles. This is a two part poll, this being the style one. Rules:

1) If you don't own one, don't vote.
2) If you don't yet have one and are getting one, again, don't vote.
3) If you own several, post the most prevalent in your arsenal.
4) If it's one you built but did not machine yourself, state the lower receiver only.

If you have pictures of either upper, lower, or the whole shebang, post them here! We'd love to see them! :thumb:

·
357 Mag, sex for the hand
439 Posts
How about did own one?

It was the bushmaster XM15 M4 style

This isnt physicaly my old one, but they are the same model.

I really do miss that rifle. Had zero issues with it and was always fun to shoot.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I have a ar-15 made to look like an m-16a1, I love it. Simple sights and reliable operating. The one thing I dont like about it is that with the 20" barrel it is too long for inside a house. My next build is going to be a K.I.S.S. build - Keep It Simple Stupid.

NO-optics/red-dots - scopes break, batteries die, become proficeient with your irons and you'll be fine. With Irons I can go out to 400 yards and still be accurate
A1 upper ( The A1 is a no-fills sight, being simple they stay where you put them. The A2 sight was designed by the army marksmanship unit and the sights can be "messed up" while walking through the field.)
16" 1-12" barrel (stabilizes 55 gr. (M193) bullets perfectly, which is what I stock and reload for)
4 position CAR stock - small, lightweight, and adjusts to your body build.
similar to this;

·
American fearmaker
14,245 Posts
Attached is my Superior Arms S-15 carbine. It has a single point sling and a Millett DMS-1 scope on it. It's a great little jewel to have around "for when things go bump in the night."

Attachments

·
Registered
937 Posts
I have a kit built rifle on an Essential arms lower with M4 upper. Im still waiting for the gunsmith to be done to get a range report.

You guys have nice looking rifles.

·
Banned
2,077 Posts
I have shot and handle many variations of the M16/AR15 and for me the 18in
SPR MK12 MOD 0 or MOD 1, both of which I have and love, infact there my choice for a BO rifle.

·
Banned
486 Posts
Armalite Model AR-15 Standard .223 Semi-Automatic Rifle

Bushmaster Model E2S M4 .223 Semi-Automatic Rifle

I have about 20 30 Round Standard AR-15/M-16 Mags for them. Also

I have 4 Beta C-Mags 100 Round

I usualy use the 100 Round Beta C-Mags on the Bushmaster M4 it has a forward M5 Style Grip on it.

And the 30 Round Standard mags for the Armalite AR-15

I also just picked about this week a

Armalite Model AR-10 Standard .308 Semi-Automatic Rifle

It came with one 25 round mag and I bought 5 more in a bulk deal online so I have 6 25 Round mags for it.

·
I love this *****
33,879 Posts
Don't have an M-16 so I didn't vote. This is the closest thing I got.

Reactions: Andrew1985

·
Registered
566 Posts
These are the AR-15s I own...I wish I could afford a M16.
Multiple Lowers and then whats on top of them.
1.DPMS/ 16"DPMS A2 upper.

2.LMT/ 16" Noveske N4 mid-length 9" daniels Defense Rail w/iron sight

3.LMT/ 16" Noveske N4 mid-length 9" Larue Rail w/iron sight

4.Noveske/ 16" Noveske Recon Stainless Coated in Flat Dark Earth w/ Nightforce scope 1-4x

5.Noveske/ 16" Noveske N4 mid-length 11" rail Coated in Flat Dark earth w/Aimpoint M4 red dot

6.PWA/BCM 16" midlength/ w/irons

I Recommend these companies LMT, Noveske, Bravo company Manufacturing (best value out there for Highest quality uppers)

·
Transplant
355 Posts
I currently have two, my SO has another one.

16" A3 Flat top, 5.56 CM barrel
20" A2

My girlfriends got a carbine length A2, 5.56

All three are RRA lowers, built uppers.

·
Looking ahead
2,178 Posts
1. DPMS lower/upper A3 flattop, 16in barrel. Setup similar to M4. Sportical model.

2. CMMG lower only. Still planning which way I want to go with it.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Smith and Wesson M&P AR-15 in M4-A3 config.

I started out with a Nikon 3-9x40 scope but after a few trips to the range, bought an inexpensive (BSA) 37mm Red-Dot. Super fast target acquisition and reasonable accuracy even to 100yds -- lots of fun to shoot. IMO, this configuration is ideal for a highly portable, versatile weapon for self defense/CQB.

Planned upgrades: Flat gas block, front vert grip, oversized charging handle catch and oversized mag release, compensator/flash suppressor upgrade.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts