Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Scarred for life...
3,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
By spirit I mean alcoholic beverage.

Right now I am drinking Dewars White label Blended Scotch Whiskey. Pretty good IMO.

I dont drink a lot and a fifth of whiskey will usually last me a year but when I want it I want something that I like.

So what is your favorite?

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
I like Makers Mark its pretty good.And I've been known to drink a little bit of the home made stuff .

·
Scarred for life...
3,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I like Makers Mark its pretty good.And I've been known to drink a little bit of the home made stuff .

My dad used to go up to the mountains and bring home a few gallons of shine. I never knew where he went but it was the best moonshine I ever tasted.

Smooth and stout. It didnt take much of that stuff to knock you on yer ass.

·
Registered
174 Posts
if i'm gonna drink "spirits," i'll roll with the green faerie, which is only once in a while. i usually pass over hard for soft. anything with "bier" on the label is ok by me.

·
Scarred for life...
3,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
if i'm gonna drink "spirits," i'll roll with the green faerie, which is only once in a while. i usually pass over hard for soft. anything with "bier" on the label is ok by me.

I got a bottle of German absinthe a few years ago and man its one of the best Ive ever had. 60 bucks for a bottle was just too much but man it was good.

·
Knife Nut
131 Posts
I am usually a jack and coke guy, but at this very second i am sharing a pitcher of pina colada with my wife. happy new year

·
Grouchy Infidel
1,559 Posts
Glenlivet
Glenfiddich
Talisker

All cases single malt. Love the darker stuff with heavier flavors.

As far as beer goes, none other than Sam Adams.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
My dad used to go up to the mountains and bring home a few gallons of shine. I never knew where he went but it was the best moonshine I ever tasted.

Smooth and stout. It didnt take much of that stuff to knock you on yer ass.
I got my hands on a jar about two weeks ago.I haven't got to drink any yet. I don't know what the proof is on it.But it burns with a blue flame :D: .It's got some peaches floating around in it so, i might have to take a taste tonight.

·
PPG flyer
2,789 Posts
I've got about a halfgallon of stout ale in my bellie at the moment,and I won't be thru
till another gallon at least.
Micro brew ales and beers are all I drink anymore.Ill pass on the wine,or most anything else.

·
Registered
6,674 Posts
I just heard an article on the news about liquor. Because of the economic resession, and peoples' depression, the sales of hard liquor has gone up.

So, I have been adding more wine to my stored foods and will be adding some hard liquor as a party/barter item.

·
Scarred for life...
3,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I got back from the local liquor store a few hours ago and there must have been 200 people in there buying liquor.

Lots of partying going on tonite.

·
Registered
8,153 Posts
Great Thread!!

My friends know me. I was given two bottles of Johnny Walker Black at work, and Johnny Walker Blue Label as gifts. I tried Makers Mark at a Christmas party this year. Drunk from a coffee cup (waiter was too slow), it tasted sweet and delicious in comparison to the JW. Still I prefer scotch to bourbon most days (except when actually hunting, when I switch to bourbon). All good. Chivas lost its appeal to me a few years ago. For change, I switched to JW Black.

This thread sounds pretty bad in retrospect. Oh well. Do not underestimate the ability to handle alchol. It is a skill....

1 - 20 of 61 Posts