Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Because there are a few unique needs that women require and men don't, I am wondering what you purpose to meet those needs of the women in your life if the worst does happen?

There aren't just tons and tons of issues to consider that are unique to women but, we do tend to get pregnant and we do have to deal with menstrual cycles... if I am going to be helpful for more than 3 out of four weeks, and survive a pregnancy w/o losing the baby (thereby falling apart emotionally) there are issues to consider.

Stocking up on female specific vitamins? Prenatal vitamins? Feminine hygiene products(sustainable products)? Other issues?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Personally

Personally as a woman I wouldn't really worry about either. The main things I am focusing on are going to be the same as any man--food, water, heat etc.
For menstuation I would think that rags just like in the old days would work just fine. As far as pregnancy goes--in a SHTF situation I would not participate in things to cause a pregnancy if you know what I mean.

·
DIY RPG's
1,667 Posts
pink fuzzy hand cuffs is on thing i've already picked up actually many pair of pink fuzzy hand cuffs. why more than one pair you may ask, well aside from the whole kinkyness factor. say if you have to detain someone for some reason and you decide its better off not to kill them putting them in pink fuzzy handcuffs by the biggest guy in our group will surely leave a very scary bunch of thoughts in the captureds head now of course this is after the teotwawki.

then we have stocked up on tampons and the like but mainly its the women in the group that are stocking up on these themselves and things such as cloth diapers and women wipes for when tampons are no more

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Lots of Tampons and whiskey.

·
Shuriken snowflake
16,826 Posts
Washable pads. Menstrual/diva cup. Ibuprophen/Naproxen. Sponge to wipe butt. Vinegar for soaking pads and sponge.

Get in the habit of oral sex (Not that I would know).

That's it.

·
Watchful and Hopeful
122 Posts
Because there are a few unique needs that women require and men don't, I am wondering what you purpose to meet those needs of the women in your life if the worst does happen?

There aren't just tons and tons of issues to consider that are unique to women but, we do tend to get pregnant and we do have to deal with menstrual cycles... if I am going to be helpful for more than 3 out of four weeks, and survive a pregnancy w/o losing the baby (thereby falling apart emotionally) there are issues to consider.

Stocking up on female specific vitamins? Prenatal vitamins? Feminine hygiene products(sustainable products)? Other issues?
Tend to get pregnant. :eek:

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Interesting array of responses so far... thanks.

I asked here because I am interested in what thoughts men have for the women in their lives... mothers, wives, lovers, sisters, daughters, friends, etc...

I mentioned vitamins as one thing to store away. I would add a number of things to that list, things like washable diapers (good for babies and for menstruation as well as making good pads for nursing moms to help with milk overflow, also good for dressing wounds), any OTC med that is a mild pain reliever (other than aspirin because it doesn't keep), lots of sturdy (non-underwire) bra's as these would be incredibly difficult for me to sew, I will have no need for birth control myself but I would worry about it for the other women who I might have with me (like my teen daughter) so a nice stockpile of condoms and a variety of other birth control devices (female condom, spermicide, diaphragm, etc.).

While I do agree that this is a concern that women should be thinking about, I also think that it is vital for men to consider this stuff, just as vital as it is for women to consider any unique needs that men may have. Plenty of Dads, brothers, husbands, etc. could find themselves in a situation where they have a woman they love one their hands who isn't prepared... for instance, I know for a fact that my teen daughter would be at an utter loss (she lives with her father and I have no say in the matter, but extracting her from his household wouldn't be much trouble if it came to it), so it is my job to be prepared for her. Likewise, it is my job to think about the needs of my teen son and my husband and my parents and any number of dear friends who I would and will help if it ever becomes necessary and I am able to do so. In making plans and arrangements these things are important.

·
Will let you beg for food
793 Posts
.... Oh yea,

and bags of peanuts and a choccie bars to calm the PMS monster (Not that I would know).
you know why they called it pms...mad cow disease was taken....

seriously if you guys can survive your wife and a couple daughters pms-ing at once shtf will seem like a cake walk:D:

·
Editor, Ready Magazine
587 Posts
Interesting array of responses so far... thanks.

I asked here because I am interested in what thoughts men have for the women in their lives... mothers, wives, lovers, sisters, daughters, friends, etc...

I mentioned vitamins as one thing to store away. I would add a number of things to that list, things like washable diapers (good for babies and for menstruation as well as making good pads for nursing moms to help with milk overflow, also good for dressing wounds), any OTC med that is a mild pain reliever (other than aspirin because it doesn't keep), lots of sturdy (non-underwire) bra's as these would be incredibly difficult for me to sew, I will have no need for birth control myself but I would worry about it for the other women who I might have with me (like my teen daughter) so a nice stockpile of condoms and a variety of other birth control devices (female condom, spermicide, diaphragm, etc.).

While I do agree that this is a concern that women should be thinking about, I also think that it is vital for men to consider this stuff, just as vital as it is for women to consider any unique needs that men may have. Plenty of Dads, brothers, husbands, etc. could find themselves in a situation where they have a woman they love one their hands who isn't prepared... for instance, I know for a fact that my teen daughter would be at an utter loss (she lives with her father and I have no say in the matter, but extracting her from his household wouldn't be much trouble if it came to it), so it is my job to be prepared for her. Likewise, it is my job to think about the needs of my teen son and my husband and my parents and any number of dear friends who I would and will help if it ever becomes necessary and I am able to do so. In making plans and arrangements these things are important.
And now you know why I married her. Welcome to the forum love.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
The emotional preparedness of my three girls has been on our NO 1 agenda. Gently teaching them what is really happening without scaring them too much.Letting them talk about what ways they think are appropriate to prepare.
Even so, we as farmers know of the physical side of planting and reaping what we sow.
the physical aspect of keeping fit (our girls are running everyday) Eating better(working on that) vegie growing(they learnt in six years of homeschooling) cooking,etc.
But most of all, we are attempting to place in their spirit, DISCERNMENT.So they will know who to trust and who not.
This is not paranoia, it,s common sense that has been lost along the way of Britny Spears videos and happy meals.

·
Registered
478 Posts
I think the main thing you need to stock up to deal with pregnancies is condoms. I can imagine few things worse than dragging a pregnant woman around in some prolonged disaster situation.

·
Iēsous
8,793 Posts
its all about the women in my life, from the little sweetie reading her Elmo book beside me to my dearest wife.

I not see us as refugees, and food is easy to stock up on if one dispenses
with the frivolous things in this world

1 - 20 of 60 Posts