Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Of all the scenarios that can happen, which one do you think is more likely to be "the one"?
Armageddon
Nuclear War
Government Break Down
Terrorism
Comet?

·
... --- ...
14,874 Posts
"And you shall hear of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not troubled; for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet. For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. And there will be famines, pestilences, and earthquakes in various places."

All of the above,along with various economic distresses and totalitarian oppression, ultimately ending with global genocide that would make the Nazi's jealous.

·
Vigilant
3,749 Posts
Most likely a personal and isolated incident; that has dramatic and localized repercussions that leave you feeling isolated and alone. Sorry folks the Hollywood holocausts are just less likely...

·
Super Moderator and Walking Methane Refinery
68,569 Posts
I was wondering when we were going to have our weekly "let's predict the end of the world" thread.

The truth is, nobody knows. There have been nonstop end of the world predictions for as long as I can remember, and nobody has gotten it right yet. Who are we to think we will?

The predictions don't benefit us in the least. All they do is make us look like loons to people who might have otherwise listened to us and prepared if we had established ourselves as more reliable sources of information. That's why we often get the "you loons thought X was the end of the world too" reply.

There are more threats hanging over our heads right now than ever before. It could come from any of them. Or from a combination of them. Or from something completely unseen. This is why "scenario prepping" is silly. It's a good way to get blindsided by things you don't expect, because you're too focused on a pet scenario.

The best way is to prepare for "whatever might happen" and keep your eyes open and stay alert for it.

·
17 Oaks Ranch Tx
3,890 Posts
A continued slow decline, IMO.

(It has already started, by the way.)
I have been saying this for sometime. WE ARE IN A ECONOMIC collapse NOW. Will the gov't be able to stem the tide and avert a full collapse? Only time will tell, but based upon history of our Congress, the answer is NO.

History is being made every single day, none of it very good...

·
Mall ninja in training
461 Posts
Man made and requiring little other than human creativity. IOW, economic collapse/civil insurrection. Obvious answer is obvious. Just read the news.

A virus is also a real possibility, one I put at around 1% annually.

·
Start up the rotors
7,663 Posts
A continued slow decline, IMO.

(It has already started, by the way.)
This, IMHO.

Think of Japan's last decade or so, only it will be worse here because Japan is not also burdened with the immigration issues we are.
We're being bled dry during a time of famine...

Reactions: fyrexspurt

·
Prepared Gourmet
2,964 Posts
I don't much care or think about what will be the 'final event'.

I plan for the worst (of any and all kinds that are possible) and hope for the best (that nothing truly catastrophic/beyond my ability to cope will happen in my own lifetime).

I echo the 'sigh' above.

·
Liberty or Death!
679 Posts
These type posts happen a lot more then usual these days. Sometimes I get the feeling people want something terrible to happen, which is troubling to say the least. I made the same mistake when I started of trying to imagine what might cause "it" to happen but I've learned that is a ridiculous endeavor. I only hope some of the people new to this also figure that out very soon. These days I don't care what may cause something terrible to happen, I hope nothing ever happens. Regardless of the cause it will come down to your prior preparations and your ability to quickly adapt to the situation, not whether or not it was what you predicted. Anyways, since you asked my vote is radioactive monkeys.

·
Station 44 - Ladder 751
400 Posts
Oh man.. Its getting up to almost 2 weekly threads exactly like this one... I Wonder how many you could find within the past month :)

But like others have said.. You cannot predict it but you can get a good idea of what the most likely scenario will be.. Such as the economy right now, an economic collapse and depression is the biggest worry right now.

We are retty much in an economic collapse right now though.. Its just a matter of time before it explodes into full blown chaos and pandamonium.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts