Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put a deposit on a new Stag Arms 15L Model 1L (yes, I'm a Lefty) for $925. What do you guys think? Is that a fair deal? Suggestions please?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Well, you should go back to that store and put more money on the gun, then do it again a few times. One time it will come home with you.

Seriously, you made a promise to buy the gun, now regardless of price, you gotta do what you gotta do. You should have asked before you put money down.

The price seems to be what they are going for.

·
Mall Ninja Force Recon.
69 Posts
Well, you should go back to that store and put more money on the gun, then do it again a few times. One time it will come home with you.

Seriously, you made a promise to buy the gun, now regardless of price, you gotta do what you gotta do. You should have asked before you put money down.

The price seems to be what they are going for.
^I agree with this.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I'm a lefty also, but all my AR's are right handed the right hand eject isnt really much of a issue.Parts interchangeablity counts for alot,If a AR is gonna fail its usally in the Bolt Carrier key Failure so buy a extra lefthand Bolt and Carrier.Stag is a good rifle, but I've seen everything Fail over the years even the big name guns

·
Registered
4,886 Posts
I'm a lefty also, but all my AR's are right handed the right hand eject isnt really much of a issue.Parts interchangeablity counts for alot,If a AR is gonna fail its usally in the Bolt Carrier key Failure so buy a extra lefthand Bolt and Carrier.Stag is a good rifle, but I've seen everything Fail over the years even the big name guns
Same here, I used to shoot lefty. now I am drifting towards making right handed my dominate. I mainly shoot SKS's and have zero issues with it. .30-30 levers have zero problems. My bolt 22's can be a bit annoying, but no issues either, as long as it get it right on the 1st shot.

·
Diamond Dog
1,504 Posts
Well, first off is to get some quality ammo.. something that'll bite, like 62gr hornady TAP ammo, that **** rips anything right apart..5.56 is underrated for sure.

But for your ar, you need to get stuff that you find useful and not in the way.. do you feel the need for a light? will you be using the rifle at night, or in a hallway in the dark? perhaps for home defense? if so, you might want to consider a light. What about a laser? a bipod? a vert grip? a new muzzle device? plenty of things to consider, personally i only see a light and a stubby vert grip as effective for me.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for all of your replies.

I sort of misled everyone on my original message (I should not try to type when I am tired). I was in the gun shop purchasing a Glock 34 when the AR caught my eye. I had asked them to put the gun in the back room for a couple of weeks and they agreed.

As far as accesories go, I was thinking about a light, sling and vertical grip. Then some optics in a few months.

Where did you guys learn to break down and clean your AR's? Is that something that the gun shop would/should provide instruction on?

·
Space Cadet
656 Posts
The Stag should come with a manual with field stripping/cleaning instructions. If it's not very detailed the Bushmaster or ArmaLite PDF manuals available on their sites are good. Or check out the various YouTube or Brownells videos. The US Army TMs are also online and have detailed instructions. TM9-1005-319-10, TM9-1005-319-23, FM-23-9 or FM-3-22.9

·
Registered
142 Posts
Well now were talking. The gun shop should be able to strip it down for you and give you an idea on how it works. The Manual as suggested above will also help, and if you really wanna be schooled, take a look at this.

As for accessories, It is all personal preferance. Some guys like a 30lb gun with everyting on it, others want one that stock with irons. If you want a light and a fore grip, you are going to have to buy some sort of a quad rail.

I got the new magpul ms2 sling and do not reccomend it. It is too thin and really digs in unless you are wearing thick clothing. I am sure other guys will give you more ideas.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Well now were talking. The gun shop should be able to strip it down for you and give you an idea on how it works. The Manual as suggested above will also help, and if you really wanna be schooled, take a look at this.

YouTube- girl field strip Ar 15

As for accessories, It is all personal preferance. Some guys like a 30lb gun with everyting on it, others want one that stock with irons. If you want a light and a fore grip, you are going to have to buy some sort of a quad rail.

I got the new magpul ms2 sling and do not reccomend it. It is too thin and really digs in unless you are wearing thick clothing. I am sure other guys will give you more ideas.
That girl puts me to shame and I trained on the m-16.

·
workin on it
1,392 Posts
Sounds fair

I put a deposit on a new Stag Arms 15L Model 1L (yes, I'm a Lefty) for $925. What do you guys think? Is that a fair deal? Suggestions please?
Sounds good, particularly with a probable shortage of lefties. You made the commitment, follow it through, don't regret. If you lost a few bucks over a potential better deal, so what.

Enjoy your rifle, be one with the rifle, there are many ones like it but this one is yours.

·
The pale horse cometh
101 Posts
I learned from a very hot girl on you tube. No kidding and no she was not naked, alot of videos on you tube just type in ar15 take down or field strip, I learned how to set up a reloading press on you tube as well !

·
Diamond Dog
1,504 Posts
As far as accesories go, I was thinking about a light, sling and vertical grip. Then some optics in a few months.
Sounds good, a sling is an underrated piece of equipment for sure, very useful.

·
Fear & Loathing
153 Posts
Don’t know about your area, but that is a fair price for a stag where I am.
Start off small and only get what you need, check local shooters forums and you can get some good deals.
If you want a vertical for grip and you have the stock carbine fore grips, just get a promag rail that will attach to the stock fore grip with little work. Then pick up a mid range vertical grip and see if you like it.
Depending on where you shop you can do that for about $35.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts