Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
Springfield Gen III 6 x 18 with mil dot recticle on my 308 Remington 700 VLS. Remington 700 BDL in 7mm Rem Mag and 300 Win mag uses older Ziess 3x9 with standard cross hair rectical. I also use a BSA Red Dot on my 12 Guage NEF Ultra-Slug. The SKS is using a 4 x with a du-plex cross hair.

·
Super Moderator and Walking Methane Refinery
68,561 Posts
I'm starting to like this NCSTAR 4-9x42 scope, easy to use for ranging targets too...

That reticle is for ranging targets by measuring across the width of human shoulders. If it fits within, say, the 3rd set of lines, then the target is 300 yards away. The problem is finding targets that are the width of human shoulders.

I tend to prefer the mildot system in some of my scopes and plain crosshairs in others. With the mildot system, the target can be any size. If you know the approximate size, you can plug it into the mil calculation and figure the distance from there. And of course you can also use it for bullet drop and windage too.

That NcStar reticle is my most popular seller. But it's almost universally bought by people who have no clue what it is or how to use it. They buy it because it "looks cool". Personally, I find it too busy, especially when illuminated. But that's just my opinion based on my own tastes.

·
I Sleep with my Boots ON!
1,302 Posts

Attachments

·
Why do you ask? 2 Dogs!
13,889 Posts
Duplex

It's weird that I've never needed anything else in my 52 years but I only started hunting 45 years ago.

I'm not knocking other reticles but they are not necessarily always needed.

·
Demon of the Midwest
4,978 Posts
I use a mill dot Nikon 6469 on my Remmy and PSL, Im looking in to the 20 power Trijicon mill dot for the Remmy. If you want good affordable glass Nikon makes a 12 power mil dot thats usually in the 150 range. NCstar has come up in quality a bit as of late, but once you have a good piece of glass you'll never go back.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Used to love Trijicon Acogs but the lack of eye relief took a toll on me after a while..

I like EOTech's 512 (1 moa centerpoint, 65 moa outter ring), but will probably move onto an Aimpoint red dot with a 2 moa dot. Good for up to 400 yards IMO, and anything close quarters. Battle proven, holds a zero no matter what you do to it. Same with the others too, if you find that's what blows your skirt up.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts