Survivalist Forum banner

What Natural Disaster are you most concerned with and thus prepping for?

• Drought

Votes: 6 8.1%
  • Flooding

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Severe snow/ice

Votes: 17 23.0%
  • Volcano

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Earthquake

Votes: 13 17.6%
  • Tsunami/Tidal Wave/Typhoon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hurricane

Votes: 22 29.7%
  • Tornado

Votes: 6 8.1%
  • Mudslide

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wild fires

Votes: 3 4.1%
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
To secure peace is to...
4,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I got absolutely flamed for my last poll because I didn't include a completely irrelevant option in the poll, so here it goes:

DISCLAIMER: Pick the option that best fits. If your favorite option doesn't exist, tough crap...make your own poll.

·
... --- ...
14,874 Posts
If your favorite option doesn't exist, tough crap...make your own poll.
Sorry,bro, I'm gonna have to go with my self created option: "Other" :D:.
Obama and his appointments are delusional,corrupt,and incompetent, so NATURALLY......they're a DISASTER.;)
Therefore, the "Natural Disaster" I'm most concerned about is an Obama re-election next year !!!

·
To secure peace is to...
4,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry,bro, I'm gonna have to go with my self created option: "Other" :D:.
Obama and his appointments are delusional,corrupt,and incompetent, so NATURALLY......they're a DISASTER.;)
Therefore, the "Natural Disaster" I'm most concerned about is an Obama re-election next year !!!
The other caveat is that I used the maximum 10 options.

Since you didn't like my poll, off with your head. :D:

·
Registered
364 Posts
Human disaster, humans are part of nature therefor I acquiescence. Economic, political, war, are all much more likely in my timeline to lead to teotwaki than a once in a 100k year volcano like Yellowstone or some 2012 alien crap from the tin foil gang in the 2012 forum. I agree with an above poster that Obama is a natural disaster, but fail to understand why he is not one of the options in the poll.

·
Blessed
631 Posts
earthquake, and tsunami's. I'm worried about what the weather/climate control will be like in the future. This year is already really strange. Locally we JUST HIT 90 degrees!

·
Mod Certified PITA!
12,092 Posts
Power outage during a blizzard so severe that travel is impossible for several days. That would be a killer. But we're ready for it.

·
To secure peace is to...
4,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Human disaster, humans are part of nature therefor I acquiescence. Economic, political, war, are all much more likely in my timeline to lead to teotwaki than a once in a 100k year volcano like Yellowstone or some 2012 alien crap from the tin foil gang in the 2012 forum. I agree with an above poster that Obama is a natural disaster, but fail to understand why he is not one of the options in the poll.
Oh for God sakes, here we go.

·
Registered
713 Posts
I prep so as that should I ever invite one of you over, you will feel so inadequate over your own preps that you beg me to divulge my own superpower almighty prepping abilities!

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
COLD

the older I get the less I can stand being cold, snow even heavy (we average about 120 inches a year) isn't a bother as we don't have to go out much.

·
Registered
5,097 Posts
Up here in the mountains where i live.We go thru several days each winter with the power gos out usually falling trees in a wind storm. I have propane/electrict and wood heat most of us up here have generators i keep 10 gal of gas filled all the time for just this purpose.

·
To secure peace is to...
4,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Up here in the mountains where i live.We go thru several days each winter with the power gos out usually falling trees in a wind storm. I have propane/electrict and wood heat most of us up here have generators i keep 10 gal of gas filled all the time for just this purpose.
Sounds like a comprehensive plan.

I just moved to a more snow/ice prone location. Yes, it's in TN, but this area is fairly high in elevation for our area and receives more snowfall than the "valley" area of the Knox metro area.

That being said, compared to all others disasters, snow/ice would be the one that hurt me the most or is most likely. I would really like to have:

1) Central boiler http://www.centralboiler.com/
2) Generator and auto transfer switch
3) A good set of snow chains for my truck

These upgrades are slated for completion within the next 3-5 years.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I haven't thought too much about a particular natural disaster because of the area I live in. I suppose world wide drought would affect everyone with lack of food. I do have the basics for handling short term (up to a few weeks) power outages and cold weather, but am prepping primarily for a gradual unwinding of civilization.

I don't know whether it will take place in the form of a civil war, great depression (my best guess), or hostile take over by a foreign government (altho I'm most worried about our own gov't).

I think with the continued high unemployment, increased violence in the streets, and the growing entitlement class, we are all in for a rocky ride.

I say we lay low, stock up, lock and load!:D:

·
Banned
1,470 Posts
Long past having to prep for a natural event unless it was catastrophic. This last hurricane was pointed at us for a while and it barely got a yawn.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts