Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Big Woo
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The short answer is that it is not only a cutting tool but also a prying tool.

When I was growing up every boy had it drilled into his head that a knife was a cutting tool and not a prying tool. That lesson was reinforced by breaking one or more stainless folding knives by a trying to use them to pry something anyway.

As an adult you start carrying knives that cost real money so you do not want to break them and make them worthless. An ESEE knife solves that problem, you can use it in any way to solve any problem in front of you without worrying about breaking it. First off it won’t break but even if it does ESEE will replace it. This freedom from worry gives you a much wider range of tasks that you can accomplish with an ESEE knife.

·
Let the Debate begin
6,376 Posts
Unless they also cover loss, I would rather buy 2 knives for the same amount
of money, plus a crowbar, but that's just me.

I do own an Esse knife that sits in a drawer because its expensive.

If I ever get around to hiking the AP trail I will probably take it with me.

·
Big Woo
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Unless they also cover loss, I would rather buy 2 knives for the same amount
of money, plus a crowbar, but that's just me.

I do own an Esse knife that sits in a drawer because its expensive.

If I ever get around to hiking the AP trail I will probably take it with me.
I have other knives and crowbars, but for many of us the one tool that we are carrying at all times is a knife. Many times it’s just easier to use what you have on you than it is to go get something else.

·
Premium Member
2,543 Posts
I have 2 esee knives. And I’ve been wanting to buy a short , stainless fixed blade. It looks like I may be buying another esee since they just started making affordable , higher end steel knives.

Esee isn’t cheap , but they aren’t big money either.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts