Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in the southwest where backyard swimming pools almost occupy everyones backyard. I personally have salt water pool that doesnt need cholorine to run. In a SHTF scenario and water became scare, I'd like to know how to make pool work for us. Does anyone know what kinda water filter I would need to make that pool water drinkable? What about making pool water from a chlorinated pool the same? Thanks so much for the help.

·
Registered
4,804 Posts
If you google desalinators, you would probably find what you want. Many marine supply places might have them. For chlorine, there are filters that remove chemicals, including chlorine.
Sounds like you will have lots of water available in a SHTF scenario! The only problem would be making sure you have plenty of replacement filters for them.
Another answer may be to use two pans, one smaller placed inside the other, with a lid on the outside one. Put some water in the outer pan just low enough so that it doesn't boil into the inner pan when you simmer it. The water turns to steam, hits the inside cover of the outer pan, and falls as water into the inner pan. The inner pan will contain pure water without chemicals. This would not be nearly as handy as a filter and would certainly take more fuel, but it would work if you ran out of good filter elements.
You could use the pool water as is for flushing or washing purposes.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts