Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am tring to put togather a lite weight pack and needing to add either binoculars or mono range finder. the weight and size is more important than cost. Any imput would be apprecitaed thanks
:confused:

·
Registered
4,480 Posts
i bought a cheap 9 dollar one dont care what happens to them in my pack small light and cheap i have a good pair they cost alot more are big and heavy but get way better range and cost alot more..

·
veldskoen no socks
2,715 Posts
Light weight 8x40 is good.
If you divide the larger number by the smaller one, the closer to 5 the answer is the better the vision, field of view etc, 5 just bseems to have all the right qualities.

·
Cover your Six!!
450 Posts
Heck with expensive Binocs, I just picked up a Bushnell 8 x 32 compact, rubberized, water proof, anti-fog,....... you can feel and see the quality!

$38 at Sam's Club. A buddy of mine said that Costco has the same. Other retail stores list the same Bushnell's for $59 ea. I also have a $150 pair of nikons. And even though the Nikons a little bigger, I feel the quality is nearly the same. I will be going back for one more set for my wife. I will put the Bushnell in the BOB. The Nikons will stay at base camp.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts