Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
BEEN HERE TO LONG
1,336 Posts
this is the way i feel if he is a big strong boy get a 12ga and shoot low power shell,but if he ain't get him a 410

·
Banned
8,012 Posts
dont buy him a gun, just teach him to dial 9-1-1. hahahahahahahahaha

no seriously, if you have to ask this question, hopefully there arent any guns in your house.

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
Main thing is get it sized to him. You can get some models with both youth and adult rear stocks. the 410 is great but If he can handle it the light load 12 would give him something to grow into.

·
Registered
72 Posts
well when i was a 12 year old dad gave me his 16 gauge its a good gun. But for your boy i advise a remington 870
20 gauge good for deer up close mild recoil easy to find ammo but if he can take a 12 gauge by all means get him one.

·
Michigan Gun Nut
801 Posts
If money isn't too tight, consider a Beretta 3901 Youth. its a gas auto, 20gauge, doesn't kick. Plus the stock can be shortened, or buy another one that fits him now, save the other one for when he grows.

·
Registered
9 Posts
My first shotgun, which coincidentally was at age 12 was a Remington Model 1100 in 20 gauge, it was a perfect size and weight for me. My dad had the 12 gauge version and we would both skeet shoot and upland bird hunt with them.

·
Registered
172 Posts
my first one at that age was a 410 HAMMERLESS -- that's important -- my cousin had the same gun with a hammer and we both preferred mine. savage 410 single shot -- safety switch instead of hammer.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts