Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Other (please note)

Votes: 19 27.5%
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Psalm 34:4
23,558 Posts
Cherry with homemade vanilla ice cream, Banana Cream, Key Lime, Strawberry....

·
Looking upward
211 Posts
Anything Key Lime including key lime cheescake yummmmmy!
I looove Key Lime pie. I used to be on a quest to try as many different ones as I could. Found the best one at a restaurant in South Padre Texas. The place burned down but not before I could call and ask about it. They said it was Sarah Lee. We that was a freakin LIE cuz this stuff was not like Sarah LEE. and sadly now most restaurants serve the Sara Lee crap. ok well it's not too crappy of crap cuz I'll eat it!!:D:

·
Bleach blonde on fire :p
6,173 Posts
I looove Key Lime pie. I used to be on a quest to try as many different ones as I could. Found the best one at a restaurant in South Padre Texas. The place burned down but not before I could call and ask about it. They said it was Sarah Lee. We that was a freakin LIE cuz this stuff was not like Sarah LEE. and sadly now most restaurants serve the Sara Lee crap. ok well it's not too crappy of crap cuz I'll eat it!!:D:
I go to a little Ice cream shop at Carolina Beach NC that serves a squigley (ice cream with your choice of ad ins that they blend into a custom ice cream-seved in a freshly made waffle cone) and they fix there own key lime pie. I ad it to the cheescake and ice cream ooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh it is soooooooooooo good. OK now I want to go back to the beach for more Squigleys ( a 3 hour drive).:D:

·
Super Moderator
Psalm 34:4
23,558 Posts
Key Lime Pie

I N G R E D I E N T S
Crust
16 graham crackers, crushed
3 tablespoons sugar
1 cube (1/4 lb) margarine or butter

Pie
4 large or extra large egg yolks
1 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
1/2 cup fresh key lime juice (approximately 12 Key limes)
2 teaspoons grated lime peel, green portion only

Whipping Cream For Garnish (Optional)
1/2 cup whipping cream
2 teaspoons granulated sugar
1/4 teaspoon vanilla

I N S T R U C T I O N S
Crust:
Mix the ingredients and press them into a 9" pie plate. Bake in a preheated 350F oven for 10 - 12 minutes until lightly browned. Place on a rack to cool.

Pie Filling
Use an electric mixer and beat the egg yolks until they are thick and turn to a light yellow, don't over mix. Turn the mixer off and add the sweetened condensed milk. Turn speed to low and mix in half of the lime juice. Once the juice is incorporated add the other half of the juice and the zest, continue to mix until blended (just a few seconds). Pour the mixture into the pie shell and bake at 350F for 12 minutes to set the yolks and kill any salmonella in the eggs.

Serving
If you are using the whipping cream garnish, prepare the cream. Serve with a dollop of whipped cream.

·
<< This Space For Rent >>
72 Posts
I voted "other" because my favorite is a sweet potato pie. Tastes a lot like pumpkin but much smoother.

Ken in Glassboro, NJ

·
DIY RPG's
1,667 Posts
the same pie there talkin about in the song shes my cherry pie! but if were not talkin sweetie pies then its pumpkin

·
Banned
486 Posts
I LOVE Apple Pie! Warm it up put a little Ice Cream or Ready whip on top and your set.

I also enjoy Boston Cream Pie

I also enjoy Choc Cream Pie

1 - 20 of 54 Posts