Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I realize this is a tough question. I tried to make it a poll but the software does not allow enough choices to include all of the story titles I found. And saying my favorite is the "last one" or the "next one" is a cop out!

I'll go first - my favorite is Keys to the Kingdom.

·
Banned
7,205 Posts
**possible spoilers**

once i read some more of them i can give u a better estimate on the best story but so far.. i loved 3 of them the one about haroldsville (since i didnt know survivalist house builders exsisted! lol) and how he tamed the masses of looters with the sonic and light defence system (and had his own batcave lol)

The one about Scavenger was my favorite one so far the dude killed the anti gun cops got that one officer out to get him had a .50 cal barret hehe and did the smart thing by renting out places he built and hiding stuff under them!! very cool caches are now apart of my prepping style.

and i just loved how he took all that stuff and made a life out of it all!! best one to me.

then that one about a poorish dude making a fallout shelter then the chinese attack and he goes and scavenges the ruins (loved it too! but he needed a friend or danger besides radiation!) i wanna read the ones you guys mentioned and shipwrecked! thanks JERRY!

Reactions: Jerry D Young

·
Registered
347 Posts
I also vote for "Percy's Mission." It's the best written long-form story of his that also shows how much good a well prepared, sensible person can do in the world, before and after disasters.

·
Darting from the shadows
5,760 Posts
All of them.

'nuf said.
Yep, they're all favorites and saved for future reading.
But the standouts for me and the one's I have read many times arrrrrrre........

(Drumroll please)

Leonard Dobbs, Peak Oil Entrepreneur & The Hermit. :thumb:

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Having already said that Keys to the Kingdom is my favorite, I would say that Disaster In The 'Burbs and Rudy's Preparedness Shop come in a close second and third. Percy's Mission, Leonard Dobbs, & Peak Oil Entrepreneur would definitely all be in my top 10.

·
cute is not always enough
2,232 Posts
It would be a toss up between "Laid back Louie" and "Rudy's Preparedness Shop". "The Hermit" was a lot of fun and certainly had me drooling over gear but it is harder for me to identify with a millionaire old man than a hard working bloke.

However, the diversity is one thing that keeps me coming back. It is PAW fiction; we all know where the plot is going. You never know if the protagonist will pour money onto the problem or get by with little more than a stolen shovel.

·
My Temperature is Right
5,578 Posts
I dunno, I tried, I can't pick a favorite. They're all well crafted and serve their purpose well. They all leave you with something to kick around in your head for a bit when you're done reading them

·
Watching
55 Posts
Wow, talk about a tough question. Perhaps the first I read was my favorite, Old man and his tractor. Every story he writes serves its purpose, as he demonstrates that people from all walks of life, economic situation, geographical location, can prepare well, and come out ahead. Thanks again Jerry, you are a storyteller among storytellers.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts