Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love AK's. Although I wish I had more, I've had four different variants: SLR 95, WASR, SAR 1 and the Yugo M70. Hopefully I can add at least another Yugo to the stable before the savages running Washington make it illegal. But, I digress....

My favorite is the SLR-95, and I am in the process of having one converted from the ugly (but very stout) thumbhole stock to an underfolder. I think it will pretty much be like the SAS-M7 once completed. I also love the Yugo.

What about you guys? I'd be interested to hear what your favorite AK variants are.

·
Shooter, Hiker, & Camper
256 Posts
I love AK's. Although I wish I had more, I've had four different variants: SLR 95, WASR, SAR 1 and the Yugo M70. Hopefully I can add at least another Yugo to the stable before the savages running Washington make it illegal. But, I digress....

My favorite is the SLR-95, and I am in the process of having one converted from the ugly (but very stout) thumbhole stock to an underfolder. I think it will pretty much be like the SAS-M7 once completed. I also love the Yugo.

What about you guys? I'd be interested to hear what your favorite AK variants are.
The SLR-95 with it's milled receiver and Steyr barrel is the best AK ever made.

Assault beagle is off duty.....

·
Registered
410 Posts
AK

I like the AK-47's that go BANG when you pull the trigger, and they send a projectile down range towards your intended target!

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
I agree

wish i had a polytech legend like i used to sell back in the day in the safe instead of a wasr
The Polytech was a great AK. If I had to buy one today, I would have to look at the ones coming from Arsenal. They tend to be the pick of the current litter. SPoke to one of the folks importing the WASRs and he explained what they were doing. Seems they bring them in as 10 rounders and then convert them back to high caps by openning up the receiver bottoms.

Nice thing about the Legend was you never had to worry about a jam. It would go bang each time.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I own a WASR-10 and love it. What is yall's opinion on WASR's? Do yall like them? I have met people who have talked a lot of trash about them but I could not be happier with mine.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I own a WASR-10 and love it. What is yall's opinion on WASR's? Do yall like them? I have met people who have talked a lot of trash about them but I could not be happier with mine.
Not as accurate as my SLR-95's, and not as solid as my Yugo, but I have no problem with my WASR. Haven't shot it a ton, but haven't had one problem with it. I actually kind of like it (but don't tell anyone that! ; )

I actually like the WASR better than my previous SAR 1. Talk about a vanilla and uninspiring rifle. There are few things more bland than a post-ban SAR 1, IMHO of course.

·
1,794 Posts
Another vote for the SLR 95 milled. Only disadvantage is the furniture conversion.

·
free man
626 Posts
A now trusted WASR 10/63(newest version with diamond/arrow stamp on reciever). Or..any AK you have in your possession(meaning one AK in the hand, is worth 10 at the gun show) with the current trends.. ;)

It was dead-on out the box back in early Nov. 700rds thru it so far with Bern SP/FMJ, 70s surplus corrosive FMJ, Wolf HP/FMJ. Zero issues.

Currently w 21 mags. 1900rds(would like more). 3-9 QR mini scope(for hunting). Great addition to the arsenal.

She ain't pretty, but she shoots fine.

I like the Yugo UFs. ..if I could have my druthers tho.

·
11B20 - Status Inactive
5,036 Posts
I only have a WASR-10, like it a lot and think they get a bad rap. However, I have been really wanting a Tantal, I think they are just a beautiful weapon and I have been wanting to get my hands on a 74 variant for awhile. Perhaps an AK-107 if I can ever find one, a real one that is, not that crap being sold as 107's that are not really 107's.

·
Forum Administrator
16,774 Posts
The Maadi is my favorite.

·
11B20 - Status Inactive
5,036 Posts
To bad the AK47 is going to be banned because it is a really good gun no matter what varient it is.
lol, technically speaking it is banned. The ones already here will be grandfathered and you can probably still get different caliber ones, maybe...

·
Registered
9,312 Posts
I like the Yugo M70AB underfolder, It's built a a bit heavier than the WASR's. I don't know how true, but I've been told it is heavier because it needed to be for launching grenades. Anyone?
While I'll never use the grenade laucher...Activating the gas cut off for the grenade launcher turns it into a single shot, which is an interesting if nearly useless feature...

Peter

1 - 20 of 38 Posts