1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Young Blood
2,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is your favorite shotgun brand

·
1,794 Posts
I voted Remington (870) even though mine was retired when I stopped trap shooting. A Winchester 1300 "Defender" sits next to the bed here. I haven't seen any opinions on the Winchester 1300 in here but I like it OK. The reason I don't use the Remington for home defense is because it is a high grade trap model. It awaits it's possible use in the future.

·
Registered
559 Posts
My old Ithaca 100 was a real nice gun as was my Beretta Whitewing. Between the two I guess I would say Beretta is my favorite shotty company since that is the gun I killed the most Pheasants with.

·
Plinker
746 Posts
I own a 12 ga. pump Winchester Model 1200 Defender. If I had to buy a new shotgun, it would be a Remington 12 ga. auto. I have gone grouse hunting with my Defender, it worked fine.

·
I'll fix it
2,548 Posts
I still don't have one but. I plan to get a Mossberg 930.
If I decide to spend more it will be a Benelli M2

·
Registered
86 Posts
Can't say I've shot all of the above, but I have nothing but good to say about my Mossberg 590a1 w/ the Vangcomp modification, surefire light, extended mag & underfolding stock. I've had it for years & love it. Yes, the underfolder is uncomfortable when shooting slugs, but that's OK...I like how compact it is w/ the underfolder.

·
Inglourious Basterd
2,966 Posts
I don't have any experience with the high dollar trap/hunting shotguns. I have a mossberg mariner w/pistol grip,heat shield and 18' barrel, that I would consider my all around favorite. I also have a Remington tactical express w/ extension tube and AR15 style collapsible stock,my only complaint with this gun is the crappy placement of the slide release. I also have a remington 1187 premiere semi-auto which is a beautiful gun but I have not fired it yet.

·
Banned
1,798 Posts
How did Semper Paratus get to vote twice?

·
In a pile of brass
3,775 Posts
winchester SX3.... had it since christmas of 2007, love it. shoot trap with it, shoot geese, carry it when we go cow tipping. AMAZING GUN

·
I'm the boogey man.......
6,686 Posts
Saiga 12, period. Only the "Street Sweeper" can keep up with the firepower...

Nothing says "Eat Me" like like 20 rds of alternating flachetts, buckshot and/or slugs in rapid sequence...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts