Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of getting together with a group of people 100+ (Hopefully maybe 500+) to make some purchases of firearms. Basically I would like to become a broker/middleman for the group purchasing the weapons.

I was wondering if anyone knows the pricing of guns at wholesale? I'm planning on buying in bulk (50-200) of the same gun. Any idea what the pricing would be in comparison to retail (60% of retail, 50%?). It has to be a decent mark up as the gun stores that I see usually have many people working at a time, not making lots of sales.

Also, anyone know anything about ammunition wholesale prices?

Thanks!

·
I'm the boogey man.......
6,686 Posts
wholesale to retail on guns is usually a 10% 15% mark up, anything more and people shop else ware. No one makes squat on ammo due to the shipping costs unless you're like ammoman and can move millions of rounds.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Look for the magazine "shotgun news" or "gun list". They show dealer pricing. You can find them at some book stores, walmart, bloom grocery store.

·
Registered
345 Posts
The easiest way to find wholesale pricing is to send your FFL to the major distributors.

You DO have an FFL for all of these sales you plan to make…?

·
Registered
291 Posts
you can't be a middleman .thats called a dealer and you MUST have an ffl unless you want a nice retirement at club fed.besides wholesalers won't sell to you without a ffl or tax#

·
Registered
428 Posts
you have to have a ffl in order to sell weapons in any major number. if you have one rifle you could sell it to a friend but if you sell it to a known felon youll still get a trip to the federal penn. no offense but your whole idea sounds a little fishy. if you do decide to do anything make sure its absolutly legal and all your t's are crosses and your i's are dotted.

·
RIP America 1776-2012
1,953 Posts
Guns have a terrible mark up. 10-20% depending on the local competition.
As stated, the mark up on new firearms is minimal at 10-15% on average. Where I make better profits is on trade ins and outright buys from customers, also on the accessories.

If anyone walks into a retail center and sees a lot of people "standing around doing nothing" I'll bet that business won't be around very long. In the five months that I've been running my business I've had exactly 2 days off, and I still worked.

·
Registered
4,655 Posts
I am thinking of getting together with a group of people 100+ (Hopefully maybe 500+) to make some purchases of firearms. Basically I would like to become a broker/middleman for the group purchasing the weapons.

I was wondering if anyone knows the pricing of guns at wholesale? I'm planning on buying in bulk (50-200) of the same gun. Any idea what the pricing would be in comparison to retail (60% of retail, 50%?). It has to be a decent mark up as the gun stores that I see usually have many people working at a time, not making lots of sales.

Also, anyone know anything about ammunition wholesale prices?

Thanks!
You never see a retail price in a gun shop. They may be making 10% on average.
Ever hear of commission?

Now days most dealers charge $15 for recieving and doing your paperwork.
More wholesalers are drop shipping to your dealers and selling to anyone.

FYI More profit in a hipoint than a Browning.

There are scores of people doing that. They start out undercutting other dealers to get market share and when they raise their prices another dealer opens and undercuts them.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts