Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Even WASR-10s are over $400 these days.

Late 1980s Russian AKs were $79 with wood stock, and $99 for a folding stock. Wish I would have bought a case of them.
I totally agree, I was researching a bit about a more affordable assault rifle so I've been looking at AKs and I seem to be missing the affordable part!

·
Founder
16,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
One of the reasons to buy an AK is because they were cheaper then an AR. But as prices continue to go up, What reason is there to buy an AK?

As for AKs that cost over $1,000, forget that, I will buy an FN/FAL.

I see a point coming where AKs cost just as much as ARs, PTR-91s and FN/FALs. I can not justify spending $400+ on AK, the way they are made, there is no way they are worth that much. All you have is a couple of springs, hammer, trigger, piston, barrel, stock,,, and a few other parts.

Reactions: joes

·
Registered
6 Posts
Prices

Nothing is as cheap as it was back in the 80's. Compare them to gas prices, mixed with supply and greater DEMAND they have simply gone up for reasons of inflation as well as all the guidelines in dealing with them.

·
Founder
16,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
, mixed with supply and greater DEMAND they have simply gone up for reasons of inflation as well as all the guidelines in dealing with them.
I wonder how much of the AK prices are because of panic buying?

·
skogbeskytter
911 Posts
I can not justify spending $400+ on AK, the way they are made, there is no way they are worth that much. All you have is a couple of springs, hammer, trigger, piston, barrel, stock,,, and a few other parts.
sounds like every other gun I've seen :cool:

·
Registered
150 Posts
I can direct you to a place where you can buy all the ak's you want for $50 apiece.

But you probably don't want to go to that place.

And $50 is more than an ak is worth.

remember,
more boys carrying ak's have been killed by boys carrying AR's than the other way around.

AK's are for murdering civilian populations.

---mk262 sends

·
Sweat more, bleed less!
3,153 Posts
people pay it...simple economics, a big selling point to the military for the M16 series was it was so cost effective. The AR is not worth what they go for either, nor the FAL or the PTR...they are all inflated beyond any reasonable common sence.

·
Spectre
595 Posts
I would agree that it really just comes down to 2 reasons the price of popular guns are due to the fact they ppl are trying to take them away and the media jumped the "need" for these guns up.
I remember my brother getting a pretty nice modified sks (just scope and bigger mag) for 100$. When I was younger I remember seeing ak's for around 150$... I also remember not being able to find ammo at the end of bush's reign, when I finally did find a place with a case or two of rounds I bought them for way more then I had a few months prior. I never really did see much of a drop in price since...
At least it seems new deals are still coming around on guns. It is getting cheaper to build/buy a decent ar platform. There are the mosin nagants right now that are cheap and I am seeing a rise in there prices as more and more give praise to pretty good rifle. It does have its pros and cons however, but at an average $100 bill to pick one up The pros outweigh the cons. I can almost guarantee that this rifle will hit the $200 as soon as the supply dwindles.

1 - 20 of 86 Posts