Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a compact, complete ak 47 field manual. Basically something that shows me how to strip, clean. The mechanics behind the gun, common calibers etc. A reference. Any suggestions? thanks

·
NRA Instructor-Ohio CCW
3,169 Posts
Pop off the dust cover, remove spring, remove bolt and carrier. If you want to remove FCG, the components are held in with pins.

There is a little lever by the sight that you turn down to remove the gas tube.

That is about it.

·
Information is Ammunition
22,122 Posts
how is the front-end furniture removed?

·
Registered
826 Posts
I am looking for a compact, complete ak 47 field manual. Basically something that shows me how to strip, clean. The mechanics behind the gun, common calibers etc. A reference. Any suggestions? thanks
Best Practical Kalashnikov Manual Under 40 Pages
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/AK-47-Assembly-Disassembly-Manual-ILLUSTRATED/dp/094974980X"]Amazon.com: AK-47 Assembly, Disassembly Manual 7.62 X 39mm [ILLUSTRATED]: Skennerton & Riling (Author): Books[/ame]

Best Practical Kalashnikov Manual 40 Pages or More
http://www.onesourcetactical.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=666

·
Banned
4,937 Posts
You don't need one.

The thing is so donkey proof that you can't screw it up.
Actually you don't even need to strip it down and clean it.

Just hose it out and spray it down with WD40--it'll work perfectly.

But if you do want to really clean it... just log onto google video, and do a search for AK47 operation and cleaning. Lots will come up.

Do it once and you don't need a book.
Save your money.

T

·
RESET CONGRESS!!
9,462 Posts
Hiya BJJ,

Personally, I don't think you'll need a manual. There is plenty of 0n-line AK info. AKs are so easy to strip and maintain, once you've practiced stripping - assembling yours a few times, you'll be set. Also, I don't know if the military does this anymore, but try doing it in the dark or blindfolded. A good drill and it's fun.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts