Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just on the off chance that things turn around somewhat [they will never, IMHO, be back to the way they were] and we are no longer faced with the possibility of food shortages, etc., will you still prepare? Or will you reach a point at which you leave off preparing if the economy gets back to some semblance of normalcy?

·
Registered
358 Posts
No I will keep preparing. Unfortunately the leadership in America and the sheep that they lead cause me to believe that even if we make it through this set of issues relatively intact there will be more crisis until we get back to the basics in the Constitution and taking care of our own before we worry about being a global community. This isn't going to happen until there are major and complete changes in our leadership if we ever get back. Personally I wish it would hold off so that I can get more prepared but that is out of my hands.

·
CHEERS :p
1,946 Posts
theres always prepping to do......

you get extra food when you do your groceries is part of it but there is so much more to it....

updating skills
gardening
tending to BOL ( if you have one)
tending to BIL (to make it better )

do a little extra work now so when whatever comes along....its a little easier to swallow

·
Getting Ready
1,025 Posts
Man, i hope the economy turns soon. I'm about to graduate college, i have one more school to go to first but in 2 years ill be a non-student full timer.

as for prep, im new so I won't be done prepping for a few years yet, and by that time, i'll prolly have the responsibility of raising a family. So once im done prepping me and the future (probably) wife, ill have a new set off prep issues.

T

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
Just on the off chance that things turn around somewhat [they will never, IMHO, be back to the way they were] and we are no longer faced with the possibility of food shortages, etc., will you still prepare? Or will you reach a point at which you leave off preparing if the economy gets back to some semblance of normalcy?
All the more reason to prepare... then next time will be worse than the first.

·
HOPE4BEST&PREP4WORST
493 Posts
No. I woke up. I am still awake and will not view money and things the same again. If things get back to normal I will think twice about buying expensive items such as sports cars, big SUVs, plasma TVs, and the rest of the useless junk that I was brainwashed into buying. I will save money to buy a BOL (retreat) and build underground shelter, stock it with food, water source, weapons.....Just in case. I've learned a lot of useful things from this site about gardening, food storage, weapons, water storage, and that having the right attitude makes all the difference. I am better off being prepared so I'll keep on prepping and learning of ways to be self sufficient, food wise, and off the grid, utility wise. :)

·
DIY RPG's
1,667 Posts
uh no. and here is why. i'm going for the whole off the grid thing with no debt or as minimal debt as possible. the reason if i work i don't want to have to spend on a house,car power whatever. there are always things that are going to go wrong and if you don't believe that read up on murphies laws.then there is government changing the people into a ruling class/learned class/enforcer class and slave class. that is what i see coming down the line. in my life time maybe. in 4yr old kyra's life time most likely. and i want the continuation of my family no mater what generation to be ready for what ever comes.

·
Deo VIndice
6,108 Posts
if it turns around in 3-6 months great! Hopefully we will see a reduction in prices and it will be cheaper to continue to prep and prep more! :)

·
Will let you beg for food
793 Posts
I figure if I can get things at a good price it allows me to have peace of mind that I am full stocked up and if I max out and begin rotating to the point I have so much food it will just mean that I have extra money and can do some major renos around the house. But I do not think the risk of natural threats, storms etc and the risk of nurclear or chemical attack will ever go away. So I think being prepared is just my duty as a citizen...

·
Nope.
2,099 Posts
Nope. Not gonna finish, and certainly not within any short time period. At the very least, the 72-hour bags are here to stay. I'll also keep my eyes out for a good BOL, because if I get it and all is well... it shall be my retirement cabin. Same thing with almost everything I prep; Always another use. BOV? Huntin' car! Knowledge? Huntin' and campin' made easier or more fun! All of the outdoor gear? Campin' and huntin' gear! Extra food to be rotated is great for making sure finances don't cripple us unexpectedly.

Assuming we get through the current cascade of variable issues, this eye-opening will be great for my wife and I. We're talking about camping and hunting together, when before she was saying, "Yeah. You have fun with that". This is good stuff on so many angles.

·
Banned
317 Posts
Once again.........as long as we don't have EXPORT there will be no RECOVERY.

What is going on now with the US is like if you were to give out checks with no money in the bank and the only way that the US can get money in THEIR bank would be with export.

Sorry amigos but what has to happen will happen and there is no two ways around it.

·
^Movie Quote^
13 Posts
I expect things to improve and stabilize again before things take a turn for the worse, but I don't think it will be long. My preparation will be the same no matter what happens, it's something I need to do (be self sufficient) and I'll work towards then maintain that status.

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
I will stay on course. You can't say when it is going to happen. That is when the mess blows up in our face but it will happen. The only sane thing you can do is get you and your family prepared as best you can. Most people here who are preparing are in for the long haul. You will always have a group that falls away at the first chance or first obstacle. I have preps that my father bought. Dad has been dead for nearly twenty years. I Have gear of my uncle who I lived with as a kid from the 50s and 60s.

All you need to do is look at the FEMA site and it tells you where the Feds think this could be headed. They are saying get prepared. I know someone is going to say no guns on FEMA site. That goes without saying. Stick with the program and hopefully you are giving your loved ones a chance.

·
Information is Ammunition
22,122 Posts
there is ALWAYS the next emergency

·
Agent of Influence
1,938 Posts
Prepping is like having insurance. You don't need to thing that you will claim on it to still want to have it ready, just in case.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts