Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Live Secret, Live Happy
16,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was researching the history of the 1918 Spanish Flu. https://www.history.com/news/spanish-flu-second-wave-resurgence

Turns out, it was first observed in March 1918 as a mild flu, lots of US Soilders training to serve in WW1 were affected, and most recovered. These soilders were then sent to Europe where they infected the majority of people in the French and English armies.

Somewhere between March and October 1918, the Spanish flu changed. It remained highly transmissable, but it turned from a mild flu that most healthy persons could survive, to one of the most deadly infections in human history. What happens if Covid-19 does the same thing?

In case folks forgot, the US is holding a presidential election next fall.

·
Retrofitted Sheeple
30,066 Posts
I was researching the history of the 1918 Spanish Flu. https://www.history.com/news/spanish-flu-second-wave-resurgence

Turns out, it was first observed in March 1918 as a mild flu, lots of US Soilders training to serve in WW1 were affected, and most recovered. These soilders were then sent to Europe where they infected the majority of people in the French and English armies.

Somewhere between March and October 1918, the Spanish flu changed. It remained highly transmissable, but it turned from a mild flu that most healthy persons could survive, to one of the most deadly infections in human history. What happens if Covid-19 does the same thing?

In case folks forgot, the US is holding a presidential election next fall.
This fall.

·
That'll be the day...
3,954 Posts
Dr. Fauci just said on TV that we are NUTS to NOT expect a massive resurg this coming fall and that it is highly likely to become global and seasonal.

I also read how COVID is revenging hot, humid areas of South America.

So I am guessing it will just burn through society over the next 18-24 months.

We should all hit a bended knee and pray that it doesn't mutate into something far more deadly. That happens.... then yeah!!!!.... Maybe half a Billion dead.

·
Registered
676 Posts
I believe this corona virus thing is a nothing but a political stunt to get Trump out of office, so it makes perfect sense that IT WILL RETURN in the fall .. at ELECTION TIME ... to make everyone afraid to go to the polls. You will see the propaganda spewing sock puppets tell everyone to use MAIL-IN BALLOTS, which just happen to be completely vulnerable to election FRAUD.

Just recently, CBS used video footage from ITALY and tried to pass it off as footage from some place in America. I am not surprised. CBS, CNN, ABC, NBC, MSNBC and all of the others are all in to get Trump out of office, so they have no problem spewing lies to the public.

This will not end in two weeks or two months. Until Americans grow a pair, and stop being afraid of their own shadows, this country will continue to be destroyed in a free fall of lunacy and knee jerk reactions.

·
Bug-In Prepper
1,469 Posts
It seems reasonable to expect periodic "covid seasons" akin to flu seasons.

We already know this coronavirus mutates more frequently than influenza. Each wave of influenza infections occurs when those mutations change the virus sufficiently that the antibodies we developed in the previous season no longer recognize it.

We should expect at least that. Maybe it will be more dangerous, maybe less. Influenza's virulence varies from season to season, too. Time will tell if coronavirus varies as much or more.

·
Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
10,748 Posts
If you caught someone lying to you multiple times in the past, how much would you believe them? You're telling me you're going to believe them this time, because this time they may actually be telling the truth?
No I am not saying that they are being completely honest but instead of listening to people, open you eyes and look around. I am going to tell you now, I do not dislike you or your opinion, I just disagree with you on this because common sense will tell you that the entire planet is not going to destroy itself over a lie. TPTB want sheeple to lead, how are they going to do that if there is no more society to control?

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
" because common sense will tell you that the entire planet is not going to destroy itself over a lie."

I hear you, but the sheeple are easily gaslighted. They have already ruined their businesses, their homes, their places of worship, their private clubs, their outdoor activities, everything, all on an artificial sense of urgency brought to us by the same communists in America that are in China and used this dramabug to get rid of the anti-communist protesters.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I think the USA had COVID in January before the mutation that is going through China. I think this biased off the "flu" that that went through 5 of the nursing homes that I work for. All the test came up negative for what they tested for, but the systems line up more with early COVID than anything else.

I also think COVID will not go away till there is a vaccine produced to the public. I also think the first round of the vaccine will not be very good, but will help.

It looks like starting the spring of 2021 we will start getting 2 "flu shots" a year.

·
Mod Certified PITA!
12,092 Posts
What to do? That's easy. As soon as the 'all clear' sounds, hit the stores and replace and expand all preps. Get family to do the same. Get everything you need for a REALLY long quarantine, as much as available funds will allow. Maybe even take out a loan. Keep an eye on news reports and when it starts up again, hunker down and self-isolate completely, as soon as possible.

And by doing this, survive.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts