Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if all these people out there are sheeple, dumbas-es and unprepared, how come the really smart ones with the complete BOB beside the door, gun in hand ready to run at an instants notice aren't smart enough to get out of town when it's sensible to do so?

·
Here's my safety Sir
14,678 Posts
moved out years ago.

·
Shooter
429 Posts
Time frame?!??!?!?!

Do you mean like immediately when something happens or do you mean permanently move out?

Big difference.....there are many sensible reasons for both, both ways....

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Why is it that they are waiting until they have to blast their way out of town? Apparently some seem to think there might not be time to lean over and pick up their BOB.

Now I understand that all the people that are going to riot, rob, steal and set up road blocks are prepared to act at the moment the BIG signal is given so why don't the Rambos leave prior to that.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Some people dont have a choice. There are many people who are forced to live in the city. I for one was born an raised in the country. I hate the city with a pasion. I am in the marines, stationed in San Diego. "no choice" Me and my wife both have bobs and plenty of "supplies". Alot of folks jobs trap them if they work in a big city.

·
Registered
367 Posts
if all these people out there are sheeple, dumbas-es and unprepared, how come the really smart ones with the complete BOB beside the door, gun in hand ready to run at an instants notice aren't smart enough to get out of town when it's sensible to do so?
Some of us like to eat. Heck, I also like having a roof over my head, and that requires a paying job.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Why is it that they are waiting until they have to blast their way out of town? Apparently some seem to think there might not be time to lean over and pick up their BOB.

Now I understand that all the people that are going to riot, rob, steal and set up road blocks are prepared to act at the moment the BIG signal is given so why don't the Rambos leave prior to that.
Thats a good point and I've asked that myself many times and the only answer that ever really fits is they don't believe there own rhetoric.
I've run across many who talk a good game but when it comes down too walkin the walk they have every excuse in the World why its impossible for them .............
We've got our own little group down here and of the 60 people or so we've talked too only 4 have taken the time to check things out and of that 4 all are involved at this point to some degree. Not all have moved here but they have plans and one has relocated.
Point is Your right theres few that really believe what they talk about or they would be makin tracks for the hills right now.........

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nothing is going to happen instantly. If things start happening it will be a growing moving situation and start in certain areas. Everyone will have adequate warning.

·
Deo VIndice
6,108 Posts
When is the day before?
INDEED...if you can tell us when the day before is, or how to know FOR sure, I will sell everything I have, give up my measely $17/hr job and move to a big city so I can make the big money.

OH..you can't...OK...nevermind. I will stay here where I can see the stars (millions of em) and hear coyotes cruise in packs and have bonfires in my backyard and let my dogs run loose and target shoot when I want and plant a 1/4 acre garden to work on my gardening skills, hunt game and have animals to raise. ETC. ;)

·
Registered
233 Posts
Nothing is going to happen instantly. If things start happening it will be a growing moving situation and start in certain areas. Everyone will have adequate warning.
I agree for the most part. But I am thinking "it" might be so gradual that by the time you realize it, it would be too late. If the gov collapses it will not be overnight, it will take a long time. At what point are we right now? When do you make the final decision to pick up your family and get the eff out?

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I don't think that will be necessary except in certain areas. In any decent area all the folks around you will be in the same situation you are. I'm guessing they will be more interested in banding together.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts