Survivalist Forum banner

What I know - What will make it happen

4K views 18 replies 18 participants last post by  OldSchool 
#1 ·
A friend asked me a week ago, "did I know something he didn't"

here is what i know
As an insider to the financial system, that system, is too a significant extent, is broken.

It can continue to operate despite that fact for several reasons which include government intervention, false and fraudulent book keeping, inertia (its big), force of law (people with guns), and people being used to doing things a certain way. People will continue will continue doing what they are used to doing, and will do things that don't make any sense simply from training or habit (say smoking forinstance).

Here is an explanation by one world renown expert regarding how it might unfold.
http://cluborlov.blogspot.com/2008/02/five-stages-of-collapse.html

here is a supporting article, from a different expert, futuretrends editor Nouriel Roubini
http://www.moneynews.com/StreetTalk...k/2010/10/29/id/375264?s=al&promo_code=B085-1

Here is one way it might get resolved
http://www.survivalistboards.com/showpost.php?p=510151&postcount=34
and my response
http://www.survivalistboards.com/showpost.php?p=2043021&postcount=35

Despite all the disdain of Rawles on the old website, JWR may have got it right in the initial scenario at least in his book "Patriots".

hopefully Takezo, Jerry D Young and Franschise Kid will log in

See less See more
#2 ·
I'm beginning to believe that we are already on the downswing to economic chaos. For a long time I thought things would change, slowly, and come back to a workable mid-point. Don't believe that anymore. The economy is going down, and while I disagree with the Chinese take over by economics theory, I do see war with China coming within 15 years if other disasters don't take place first. It is going to come down to who has the food. And I don't mean a backyard garden. Good for vitamins and trace elements, people are going to need wheat, rice, or potatoes for carbohydrates, and meat for protein. Do whatever it takes to ensure a supply of each. And be ready to defend it. Either war or rebellion are coming and the US will be worse than WW II Europe in many ways.

Just my thoughts on the subject.

#3 ·
Has anyone else read Aftershock? It’s by the same authors / economists who predicted the burst of the housing bubble before it happened. In Aftershock they predict the downfall of our economy. So far everything they had said is playing out right on schedule. Another book that I read spoke of the inevitability of an economic downturn due to the number of retirees. Short version is that we have so many people who are retired and thus forced to curtail their spending that it will have a negative effect on the economy in a major way. Both books give the impression we are sunk for more than another decade and that this one will be as bad or worse than the Great Depression.

Honestly, this is my number one pick for SHTF and the major reason I am prepping.

#7 ·
As far as economic chaos it's not just a "Guess" it's simple math and gravity.

We live in a house of Domino's, it will only take (1) to fall and the rest of house comes down.

Cut Social Security= Mass starvation and unprecedented economic chaos
Cut Food Stamps=National Riots/Crimes and a full blown instant SHTF
Print more fake money=Mass inflation and the another swirl around the drain

We will choose our poison because we have to...the party is over!

With 1-2 Trillion of new debt every 12 Months....we're screwed no matter what, the only question is what it's going to look like.

#8 ·
My national fiscal plan is this: Cut all welfare and social spending. Address the resulting debilitating race war and mass rioting now, while we can. Drive all illegals out at gunpoint. It is pivotal to address this now, as I foresee a day when it is beyond our ability to quash this sleeping monster.

When the dust settles, there will be millions less mouths to feed. America willl require less law enforcement as well as all other social services, saving us billions of dollars. Stop sending out an ambulance when a ghetto dweller stubs their toe.

Next step: Get rid of HUD, Dept of Education, And any other program designed to assist the poor and oppressed. Let the poor fend for themselves for once.

Last step: End global welfare to countries that hate us. They can continue to hate us, but will have to revert to eating sticks.

#10 ·
I know this isn't really feasible but it sure sounds good. A co-worker who is on welfare and very vocal about it gets a new dodge truck every two years. She just got a new blackberry as did her husband who draws disability and doesn't need it. My husband and I got the ten cent phones because we pay so much in taxes for the people on welfare to have blackberries. :mad:

#9 ·
That first link was an excellent read.:thumb:

One thing I'm noticing in everything I'm reading is that the big picture is generally the same. It'll happen in more or less those 5 steps.

I was especially interested in the fact that we've lived in small multi-family clans for 98.5% of our existence. The problem with us now is that we were born into McDonald's, Walmart, movies and popcorn. We don't know what it is to live naturally. Our idea of natural is shopping in the organic isle at the grocery store. I think almost all Americans are looking at human life backwards, we look at it like modern living is "normal living" when in fact we're not living normal at all. After the collapse and we're hunkered down with family and neighbors hunting for food and dispersing tasks and jobs amongst our members we'll be living more "normal" than any of us alive today ever has.

#13 ·
What is "normal" though? What our parents or grand-parents did? They are sissies compared to THEIR parents and grand-parents and the same going further back and on and on. You mentioned what we will be doing after the collapse as living more normal. Why is that normal?

I'm not arguing, I'm actually asking.

#11 ·
Originally Posted by Slash069
"I'm with the other posters. economic collapse is the main reason for my preparation."
Personaly I'm not worried about any natural disasters. The only thing that can directly affect me is a tornado and if it hits me all my stuff is gone anyway. Economic collapse has been my biggest concern for some time.
-Along with the possibility of an EMP.

Originally Posted by OhioMan
As far as economic chaos it's not just a "Guess" it's simple math and gravity.

We live in a house of Domino's, it will only take (1) to fall and the rest of house comes down.

Cut Social Security= Mass starvation and unprecedented economic chaos
Cut Food Stamps=National Riots/Crimes and a full blown instant SHTF
Print more fake money=Mass inflation and the another swirl around the drain

We will choose our poison because we have to...the party is over!

With 1-2 Trillion of new debt every 12 Months....we're screwed no matter what, the only question is what it's going to look like.
Printing more fake money is the only poison that will be chosen.
They will never cut food stamps and welfare though that is the single best thing they could do. It would also be the most painful for this country to go through due to the riots and crime but it would have the best results long term.

As Wolfdreamer said with all the baby boomers reaching retirement they will be spending less. They will also be drawing on retirement funds which are scarce and that will have a devastating trickledown effect. Which will lead to more taxes and more fake money being printed and less spending by the rest of us. A viscous cycle that will cripple us.

You can kick all the illegals and deadbeats out but it won't matter. When this collapse comes it will hit the entire world. Not all at once but it will before too long. It will serve to usher in the NWO plans that have been in place for generations. We have been complacent and asleep at the wheel while it has been unfolding before our very eyes for a long, long time.

#16 ·
I look at "normal" as not having to rely on modern resources and technology to live. Normal would be the way we lived for that 98.5% of our existence before we were blessed with cars, trains, tv, phones, mail, INTERNET, utilities and almost everything else we take for granted these days. I think its not normal to be able to take any modern day, Earth native, average Joe and put him in a 100% natural location OF HIS CHOICE to live and he'll probably be dead in a week.

#19 ·
I have read a lot of opinions about social programs and here is my take. In good times when employment is low most Americans are tolerant about issues like immigration, welfare, and other social programs. People see the waste, the graft, the overt attempts to subvert social programs and they reason that it is just the way things are. They accept it because their own families are doing well and there seems to be no end to the resources.

In tough times, when unemployment is out of control, when resources appear to be limited, people's tolerance for these indulgences fade. There is less ability to accept fraud, waste, and abuse of social programs or the over reaching taxes required to pay for these same programs. Illegal Immigration is no longer something that can be tolerated.

My point is this, for anyone out there that is still in doubt or disbelieves the commentary about the collapse of out way of life and needs proof. The shift in attitudes described above is that proof. It is a shift that has historical example and it is real. This is only the beginning. Stop doubting, start moving and get ready.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.