Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Only Half Human
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Eventually Walmart will be the ONLY store.

State sponsored and run.

No choices,no competition, just Walmart.

Welcome to Amerika. :upsidedown:

·
Only Half Human
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Their sales are up 10% when everyone elses' are down or are closing stores. This is a global plan as well.

·
Behind Enemy Lines
3,408 Posts
does that mean barnes and nobles is gonna be the state run book store?
heh heh.

Walmart is always swimming against the usual suspects (big government, snobby liberals, fascist union organizers). I admire their grit and determination to continue to succeed. :thumb:

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Walmart is as big as it is because they found a better way to do business. They will stay on top until another company finds an even better way.

Woolworth's anyone?

·
Permanently gone
1,720 Posts
At the risk of sounding like a broken record...
*turns on rant switch*
DON'T SHOP AT WAL-MART!
Vote with your wallet, people!
I haven't shopped there in ages and I do just fine. I might pay a quarter more for this or that, but I save on not having to drive across town AND I am networking with locally owned businesses in my AO.
The sooner people start shopping elsewhere the sooner Wal-Mart will cease to foist their cheap, crappy Made in China merchandise on the public.
Supporting locally owned and operated businesses makes financial sense in the long run. Wal-Mart is doing the same damn thing I see people accusing immigrants (legal and otherwise) doing...they take the customers locally earned monies and send it off far away.
Keep your money in the community you live in!
*turns off rant switch*

·
Registered
581 Posts
I dislike Walmart. Most of the stuff they sell is cheap junk. But they do have decent prices on firearms related things.

·
Registered
679 Posts
There's not a Walmart out here for over 150 miles. We buy from the local mom and pops because we must. Driving to Walmart defeats the savings we might gain by so doing.

Lamb, I've gotta tell you those same mom and pops are making a run to Costco (350 miles) and Walmart twice a month, bringing things back to their shops here, marking stuff up ridiculously, and reselling it to us! (I agree with you in theory 100%, but in practice, this is my reality)

We also have a chain supermarket out here in the sticks, in several of the small towns in our region. I think this store will survive as we aren't populated enough for Walmart to see us as a worthy investment. Else we'll all be even more screwed and have to drive 150 miles for staple items :(

·
Inglourious Basterd
2,966 Posts
Walmart is as big as it is because they found a better way to do business.
Yeah, they use slave labor in China to destroy American jobs , then set up shop in every city in the country,undercutting the "small business owners", then when they have driven all of the good paying jobs out of the cities ,people are forced to shop at and work at Wal-mart for crappy wages, great way to do business. Effective? yes . Ethical ? no.

·
Inglourious Basterd
2,966 Posts
heh heh.

Walmart is always swimming against the usual suspects (big government, snobby liberals, fascist union organizers). I admire their grit and determination to continue to succeed.
AWWW, sounds like someone works for $9.00 an hr, and is jealous of those nasty unions that maintain quality paying jobs and benefits for American workers. I guess it's ok for CEO's to rake in 50 million in bonuses ,but paying the actual workers $20+ an hr. to live a decent life is "facism".

·
trois pour cent
5,942 Posts
I used to travel extensively with my job so I can say this with certainty....
No matter what state you are in, no matter what town you are in, you can stop at the local Walmart and find the exact same cheap, poorly made crap as you found in all the other Walmarts you've been to.

They are certain to have almost what you want and several less than the number of them you require.

I hate shopping at Walmart.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Yeah, they use slave labor in China to destroy American jobs , then set up shop in every city in the country,undercutting the "small business owners", then when they have driven all of the good paying jobs out of the cities ,people are forced to shop at and work at Wal-mart for crappy wages, great way to do business. Effective? yes . Ethical ? no.
Your ignorance is only exceeded by your willingness to spew propaganda. I do business with Walmart, and Costco, and a range of other national discount chains. I know how they work.

All you know is the crap you lick up from liberal websites and then regurgitate as if it were fact.:rolleyes:

·
Banned
8,012 Posts
im the opposite, i have a wally world close by, but everything else is 1 hour away. i freakin hate walmart but end up shopping there for lots of things (never meat).

at this point i think you might as well maximize your dollar anyways, the $hit is gonna hit soon.

·
Banned
8,012 Posts
Your ignorance is only exceeded by your willingness to spew propaganda. I do business with Walmart, and Costco, and a range of other national discount chains. I know how they work.

All you know is the crap you lick up from liberal websites and then regurgitate as if it were fact.:rolleyes:

your the one barfing up propaganda! walmart is pure evil. but you tell yourself whatever you need to so you can sleep at night.

and yeah anyone who has done some research can list the reasons why its evil, i just dont feel like typing that much right now.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts