Survivalist Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about survivalism? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 20 of 119 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Normally my employer sends out too much info about things but with this not a peep. Is it wait and see or wait and pray?

I'm guessing more government guidance or court rulings are needed. I would also go along with them saying nothing now so folks don't quit until the last minute. Also telling hr to start trying to hire harder than they have before.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Our director is pro vaccine and very left leaning. Interesting enough, she is only requiring officers who work in medical to be vaccinated, per state order. She's probably afraid a lot of us will quit. Don't know how long this will last as very few of us are vaccinated.

·
Pisticus Veritas
Very Prepared!!
34,876 Posts
Normally my employer sends out too much info about things but with this not a peep. Is it wait and see or wait and pray?

I'm guessing more government guidance or court rulings are needed. I would also go along with them saying nothing now so folks don't quit until the last minute. Also telling hr to start trying to hire harder than they have before.
My boss seems to be a pretty conservative, common-sense sort of guy. In more than 2 years with this company, I've never met him or heard his voice so I don't know his personal opinions. He does have more than 100 employees but I don't believe he's going to force any Draconian, anti-Constitution, tyrannical measures upon his work force. He already struggles to keep good employees and certainly can't afford to lose any.

I, for one (one of my boss's successful managers), would walk straight out the door the moment someone "mandated" that I inject myself with dangerous chemicals. But I still believe in liberty. I suspect that most Americans would rather be whipped slaves rather than free men.

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Our employer has set timelines for getting vaccinated, including 14 days for average acquired immunity.

Along with town halls & written QA's covering many options (religious, medical waivers) etc etc.

However, our Governor has instituted the mandate.

If my memory serves, staff have thru Monday (tomorrow) to get vaccination #1, of the dual dose to meet the timeline. Or apply for a waiver.

It should be an individual choice. However, it isn't. Unfortunately.

·
Registered
4,426 Posts
What infuriates me the most is the over reaction.
The EO was to DEVELOPE, (meaning there isn't any rules) to OSHA.
No lawsuits have yet been filed because the rule hasn't taken effect yet.

Yet for some damn fool reason stupid people are thinking this is the end.
No its not.
Its not the end, is the beginning, and moreover, the harder they push, the worst this gets.

Employers are NOT required to do ANYTHING until a rule has been placed.
PERIOD!

·
Pisticus Veritas
Very Prepared!!
34,876 Posts
Nothing has been shared at my level yet. I will say this, though: Don't quit. Make them fire you. When this is one day ruled unconstitutional, you will have no standing for a wrongful termination suit if you quit.
That's good advice. Just say NO to the witch's brew and see what happens. If they fire you ... you may still be able to collect unemployment, at the very least.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Soocom1-you are absolutely correct. Don’t do anything, have a plan in place for when you leave, and let them fire you. Of course, the idiot in the White House threw in the EO “or get tested every week”, which may buy some of us some time while we plan our exit strategy. Employers are definitely on the wrong side of this decision because they know they will lose excellent employees. And part of me believes that business owners are NOT going to stand for this EO. I’m curious what the $14k penalty is-is it once a year? Once a month? Per employee? I can’t find any clarification on it online. If someone has found something about the penalty, please post it! Furthermore, look how difficult it is to hire anyone right now, and then once this EO takes shape and employees walk, employers will have even more jobs to fill.

I’m hoping this will backfire on sleepy Joe.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Soocom1-you are absolutely correct. Don’t do anything, have a plan in place for when you leave, and let them fire you. Of course, the idiot in the White House threw in the EO “or get tested every week”, which may buy some of us some time while we plan our exit strategy. Employers are definitely on the wrong side of this decision because they know they will lose excellent employees. And part of me believes that business owners are NOT going to stand for this EO. I’m curious what the $14k penalty is-is it once a year? Once a month? Per employee? I can’t find any clarification on it online. If someone has found something about the penalty, please post it! Furthermore, look how difficult it is to hire anyone right now, and then once this EO takes shape and employees walk, employers will have even more jobs to fill.

I’m hoping this will backfire on sleepy Joe.
Agreed - don't do anything yet. Right now it's just a directive to develop an order. Prep for if it happens, REGARDLESS of if it's going to affect you directly. I'm an independent contractor online, so this is never going to affect me. But I'm still watching because if it does go through and large chunks of employees quit, that is going to affect me. Medical is going to get a LOT harder to access with this outside of concierge Docs who don't take any types of insurance. I have friends who work in medical offices and they're waiting to see what happens. Her office as far as she knows most folks aren't vaccinated. They're going to have to discuss either complying with the mandate or stopping taking medicare which is a chunk of their patients. If they go mandate, both she and her mother will quit which is going to pretty much take out the billing dept there.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Its comfoting to know that I"m not alone. My company is a woke and big pharma. I think I'm in a bad place. To make things worse my wife is in the exactly same position with another company. She being a health care person though is pretty much expected to get jabbed and there are no protections at all for her.

So...guess we go from making a respectable income to poverty level living, or lower, in 1 dictatorial decree....Unless our state governors and AG's stand up to a tyrant.

Absolutely insane sitaution. How the hell did we get here....and better question, how are we going to get out of it.

·
Registered
None of your business.
3,058 Posts
What infuriates me the most is the over reaction.
The EO was to DEVELOPE, (meaning there isn't any rules) to OSHA.
No lawsuits have yet been filed because the rule hasn't taken effect yet.

Yet for some damn fool reason stupid people are thinking this is the end.
No its not.
Its not the end, is the beginning, and moreover, the harder they push, the worst this gets.

Employers are NOT required to do ANYTHING until a rule has been placed.
PERIOD!
there is already rumors that even more mandates are coming down from Lie-den in chief….hold tight folks, we are in for one hell of a ride….and unfortunately the Supreme Court cannot act fast enough. I wonder if he is gonna force kids 12 and older to get vaxxed now. He is peice-mealing this one after the other, and not taking questions… I wonder why….

It’s almost the perfect storm. Some of Those that were reluctant will either get vaxxed or quit/be fired/retire. Once vaxxed, hose folks will have less and less reason to fight since they already got the jab… unless they draw the line again and say they won’t get the boosters. Where does it stop?

folks, this won’t stop there. They are following the same playbook as what has been happening in Australia, for those who have been paying attention. They next will go straight for the jugulars on the 2A and Religion Freedom If we don’t stop it here….

·
Registered
212 Posts
I work at a large medical facility and they have been pushing from the get go for everyone to get the shot. For the last few days they have come over the intercom and stress that all employees are strongly encouraged to get the vaccine. They did send out an email about the mandate and stated that they are watching what happens. As I am retirement age and can retire at any time it will not affect me as much as some of the younger people that still have a family to feed and raise. I have never been fired from a job before and hate for it to happen now, but if it is in my best interest I will let it happen.

1 - 20 of 119 Posts