Canned chicken I got,,,
Tuna,,, yep,,,got that too,,,

Does anyone still make a canned ham?

Is it a seasonal thing?????

Hungry minds inquire,,,,,,

·
I have control issues
6,107 Posts
There are several companies that make canned ham. DAK is one. THere are several others. I've even seen canned ham at Big Lots, as well as Wal-mart and several grocery stores. I haven't noticed it as being a seasonal thing, at least not around here. Sometimes they "hide" it in weird spots, though. You might have to ask a store employee (IF you can find one) where they are at.

·
Krazy Kitty
5,007 Posts
We just got the last 3 cans at Walmart today for 3.58 each. What a madhouse it was with a lot of empty shelves. I think it was Primrose brand but don't ask me the weight. We havn't unpacked all the stuff we bought. Tomorrow we will date all the cans and pack boxes of dry goods in ziplock bags and put in buckets. We also got the last 2 cans of powdered gatorade.

·
Registered
22 Posts
If you have a Walgreens nearby, watch in their flyer. Typically, maybe every 3-4 weeks they've been advertising Celebrity canned hams...12 oz. cans for $1.99 with the coupon. I picked up several a couple weeks back. During that same sale, they had Hormel canned roast beef for $1.99 with the coupon too. That's usually over $3.50 a can at Walmart. They have some great deals on their food at Walgreens...just have to watch the flyers.

·
My Temperature is Right
5,578 Posts
Spam I got,,,
Canned chicken I got,,,
Tuna,,, yep,,,got that too,,,

Does anyone still make a canned ham?

Is it a seasonal thing?????

Hungry minds inquire,,,,,,
Dak at Walmart. Usta be able to KRAKUS but not round here. There is an off brand called Dutch something that Aldi and the Dollar stores sells but it tastes like nothing. Dak is the best that is easy to find.

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
Don't have any big stores here and no canned ham either. Sure would like to get some but don't want to order it on the internet. DAK had wonderful canned bacon too but quit making it. It was raw, so you lost a lot frying it, but it was so good!

·
Registered
969 Posts
I get them regularly at a store called Ocean State Job Lot, usually $2 each. I keep several cases of them in rotation.

DAK, Plumrose and another that I forget the brand. All are comparable in quality, none of them are really great for you but they last in storage and will be better than nothing if hungry.

·
Registered
969 Posts
I buy mine at Big Lots. they have had two brands, Celebrity 12 ounce and Royale 16 ounce. They both were $2.50 and have a 5 year date stamp on them.

I plan to use them for adding to rice and beans in meals, to add flavor and some meat, protein.
Celebrity and Royale were two names I forgot. Thanks for reminding me.:thumb:

1 - 20 of 151 Posts