Survivalist Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
I'm the boogey man.......
6,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There seems to be a lot of this, rehashing the same garbage over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over...............

Now, here is what it boils down to, nothing more, nothing less.

It's whatever firearm you are comfortable with, you're proficient with, have access to and ammo for. Most center fire rounds will take medium size game, kill pests and even dispatch the two legged type of pests. Jeebus people its NOT that difficult....

·
Registered
78 Posts
In canada we can't get the AK so I'd go for the CZ58 copy. And buy some military surplus Ammo by the case and a few hundred good quality hunting bullets.

But then again there's always those over under combo's, but firepower is weak, it only holds 2 shots and reloads slow, not good in panic or emergency situation. Versatile for hunting though.

·
Rush Chairman
47 Posts
I have to respectfully disagree with you Kahn. I believe there is more to it than that. What if you aren't proficient with any weapon? Do you have a limited budget? What is the best bang for the buck? There are considerations such as: ready availability of ammo after stores are closed, ready availability of parts, etc. Are you in a group? Does the group have an SOP, i.e. .223 versus 7.62.

It is also good to hear other peoples experiences with certain firearms. I certainly have not shot or owned everything. I like to here a guy's take on a weapon. How rugged is it? How reliable, etc.

I mean...isn't that why we read these boards? To have discussions, to share experiences, to offer opinions and advice?

I say if someone has a question - post away.

Just my 2 cents.

·
I'm the boogey man.......
6,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you're not proficient with any weapon, then you're so far behind the 8 ball it's almost sad, good luck to you, you're gonna need it. Now you're missing the overall point, it's a question that keeps getting rehashed and rehashed to no end. It's almost as gay as the AR-15 vs AK-47 thread. The bottom line is what's good for me isn't necessarily good for you or anyone else and due to the fact that no single gun is the best. Now if we're gonna have discussions, STOP REHASHING THE SAME STUFF OVER AND OVER, LET THE DEAD HORSE ROT IN PIECE ALREADY!!!!

Reactions: Brew

·
Rush Chairman
47 Posts
No to try to stir up too much trouble, but some people on this board are indeed behind the 8 ball. I am fortunate to have extensive training and some good mentors. I wonder if I will ever get out from behind the 8 ball. It seems like you are not interested in helping others by sharing knowledge. No big deal. That is good to know up front.

·
25 Or 6 to 4
8,006 Posts
They need to use the search function. This garbage is littering every single board out there and is almost as bad wasting space as the AK vs AR garbage.

Kahn is 100% correct. The threads need to be mod deleted as soon as they show up. Its wasting band width and non productive when many other topics are more helpful.

From now on just reply: "Use the Search function" to these.

·
25 Or 6 to 4
8,006 Posts
Are you in charge of this board?
Are you? and how do you get off polluting every thread with your garbage?

"Use the Search function" is both common sense and good internet skills. It is also a polite thing to do on any board that has been around for more than a couple of months.

Now state your reasons to not use the search function or STFU.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Ok, I get it about all the AR, Ak, SHTF weapons threads but you still havent told us which is better. The AR or the AK? Come on Kahn, share that infinite wisdom.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Are you? and how do you get off polluting every thread with your garbage?

"Use the Search function" is both common sense and good internet skills. It is also a polite thing to do on any board that has been around for more than a couple of months.

Now state your reasons to not use the search function or STFU.
WOW STFU !!! Thats a bold statement friend. BOLD!!

Reactions: FXjohn

·
Question Authority!
260 Posts
Everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Rehashing a subject simply puts an idea out there to either be added to or picked apart as the facts are revealed. I have gained great insight by reading through an individuals likes and dislikes about a certain product.
As far as this thread goes I personally would take my M1A over any other of my weapons in the slim case of the apocalypse in my life time. 308 more than enough stopping power and the M1A is atried and true weapon over many decades.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.