Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If things get as bad as some folks think and they think the government is going to go around collecting your guns, food and money then pray tell me who and what is that government? The gov is made of people. It would be people, government employees of whatever nature that would be doing the dirt. Now I can just see someone getting on their bicycle riding to work for the "GOVERNMENT", leaving their families unprotected, starving to do the will of who? ( if that is supposed to be 'whom' then substitute to you hearts content).
In the worst of times the only concern of anybody will be survival of themselves and their loved ones. I don't give a damn what the gov wants or wants me to do now so I sure won't then. And it won't make any difference if the gov prints money to pay those employees if there is nothing to buy with it. It takes a huge number of truck drivers right now to haul our goods to us on a daily basis. They won't be working for the same reasons the gov employees aren't besides not having any fuel because the people making and supplying fuel won't be working either. I don't think you would want to be a cop either because you would soon be a dead cop.

It reminds me of a paranoid old fellow that claimed that the gov wathced everyone. We asked him exactly who it was that was doing the watching. It would take three people a day on eight hour shifts to watch one person then you would have to make provision for other people on the weekends and holidays plus down time due to sickness and emergencies. Say maybe a minimum of five folks to watch one person. Now if those five were being watched as the old fellow believed then that would take thirty people to watch one person but what about the 900 people that would be required to watch the thirty? I really don't think even the government could figure out how to waste that many resources.

If the gov was inclined to snatch your goods it would first have to know about you, who you were, where you were and what you had if anything and then it would take several people and some equipment and quite a bit of time to do that. In the end what are they going to get, what is it that they intend to accomplish?

In a period of extreme conditions the greatest threat would be from roving gangs and even individuals.

The 'ONLY' way that folks can survive for any length of time is through a cooperative effort.

·
Information is Ammunition
22,122 Posts
as does my future wife and most of her family

1 - 4 of 4 Posts