1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
6 Boys and 13 Hands
10,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
EVERY CITIZEN NEEDS TO READ THIS AND THINK ABOUT WHAT THIS JOURNALIST
HAS SCRIPTED IN THIS MESSAGE. READ IT AND THEN REALLY THINK ABOUT OUR
CURRENT POLITICAL DEBACLE.

Charley Reese has been a journalist for 49 years.

545 PEOPLE -- By Charlie Reese

Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against them.

Have you ever wondered, if both the Democrats and the Republicans are against deficits, WHY do we have deficits?

Have you ever wondered, if all the politicians are against inflation and high taxes, WHY do we have inflation and high taxes?

You and I don't propose a federal budget. The president does.

You and I don't have the Constitutional authority to vote on appropriations. The House of Representatives does.

You and I don't write the tax code, Congress does.

You and I don't set fiscal policy, Congress does.

You and I don't control monetary policy, the Federal Reserve Bank does.

One hundred senators, 435 congressmen, one president, and nine Supreme Court justices equates to 545 human beings out of the 300 million are directly, legally, morally, and individually responsible for the domestic problems that plague this country.

I excluded the members of the Federal Reserve Board because that problem was created by the Congress. In 1913, Congress delegated its Constitutional duty to provide a sound currency to a federally chartered, but private, central bank.

I excluded all the special interests and lobbyists for a sound reason. They have no legal authority. They have no ability to coerce a senator, a congressman, or a president to do one cotton-picking thing. I don't care if they offer a politician $1 million dollars in cash. The politician has the power to accept or reject it. No matter what the lobbyist promises, it is the legislator's responsibility to determine how he votes.

Those 545 human beings spend much of their energy convincing you that what they did is not their fault. They cooperate in this common con regardless of party.

What separates a politician from a normal human being is an excessive amount of gall. No normal human being would have the gall of a Speaker, who stood up and criticized the President for creating deficits.... . The president can only propose a budget. He cannot force the Congress to accept it.

The Constitution, which is the supreme law of the land, gives sole responsibility to the House of Representatives for originating and approving appropriations and taxes. Who is the speaker of the House? Nancy Pelosi. She is the leader of the majority party. She and fellow House members, not the president, can approve any budget they want. If the president vetoes it, they can pass it over his veto if they agree to.

It seems inconceivable to me that a nation of 300 million cannot replace 545 people who stand convicted -- by present facts -- of incompetence and irresponsibility. I can't think of a single domestic problem that is not traceable directly to those 545 people. When you fully grasp the plain truth that 545 people exercise the power of the federal government, then it must follow that what exists is what they want to exist.

If the tax code is unfair, it's because they want it unfair.

If the budget is in the red, it's because they want it in the red ..

If the Army & Marines are in IRAQ , it's because they want them in IRAQ
If they do not receive social security but are on an elite retirement plan not available to the people, it's because they want it that way.

There are no insoluble government problems.

Do not let these 545 people shift the blame to bureaucrats, whom they hire and whose jobs they can abolish; to lobbyists, whose gifts and advice they can reject; to regulators, to whom they give the power to regulate and from whom they can take this power. Above all, do not let them con you into the belief that there exists disembodied mystical forces like "the economy,"
"inflation," or "politics" that prevent them from doing what they take an oath to do.

Those 545 people, and they alone, are responsible.

They, and they alone, have the power..

They, and they alone, should be held accountable by the people who are their bosses.

Provided the voters have the gumption to manage their own employees...

We should vote all of them out of office and clean up their mess!

Charlie Reese is a former columnist of the Orlando Sentinel Newspaper.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Very good post and all so true but i don't think it matters what party we have in control same old crap all of them are out for themselves we are thier financers for thier trips and just plain greed it does need to be stopped but who is going to put and end to it unless the gobberment is no longer in charge and i don't see that happening

·
Keeping it Simple
1,074 Posts
Thanks for posting. I am going today to early vote in Nevada.

I know alot of people here on this site are saying ALL is hopeless and the US is failing no matter who is in charge. Our country might be like the Titanic sinking with no way to save the ship, but I refuse to just stand here and do nothing. Giving up is not an option for me, I have a family I am responsible and obligated to take care of them.

So I will vote today and exercise my right as an American to try to patch the hole in this sinking ship. If you dont use your right to vote then you dont have a right to complain. You can just sit there quietly and watch others do their part to support YOU.

·
Banned
1,405 Posts
Thanks for posting. I am going today to early vote in Nevada.

I know alot of people here on this site are saying ALL is hopeless and the US is failing no matter who is in charge. Our country might be like the Titanic sinking with no way to save the ship, but I refuse to just stand here and do nothing. Giving up is not an option for me, I have a family I am responsible and obligated to take care of them.

So I will vote today and exercise my right as an American to try to patch the hole in this sinking ship. If you dont use your right to vote then you dont have a right to complain. You can just sit there quietly and watch others do their part to support YOU.
Make sure you vote for conservatives, dont worry about what they stand for or if they even know how to fix the problems.

When your done voting, pm me for the addy to send your preps to since you wont be needing them with our saviors in office.

·
13 moons: *************
502 Posts
If you dont use your right to vote then you dont have a right to complain.
I so DO have a right to complain! If there is not but criminals running us into oblivion and the the only choice is to vote in another criminal, then I choose to NOT support their game any further.

Are you suggesting I have less rights than you because I refuse to no longer be a sheep?

·
Keeping it Simple
1,074 Posts
I so DO have a right to complain! If there is not but criminals running us into oblivion and the the only choice is to vote in another criminal, then I choose to NOT support their game any further.

Are you suggesting I have less rights than you because I refuse to no longer be a sheep?
Are you kidding me? You are going to complain, but NOT vote? You know this is a survivalist website that is a discussion of ideas of how to survive. So I would assume you were not a whiney little girl who stands out in the snow and complains about the cold, but will not build a fire. Survivalists identify a problem and attempt to fix the problem, sheep do nothing, you are a sheep.

Have you ever voted? By not voting YOU are are giving up a right and yeah I do have more rights than you because I vote.

·
That's "Ma'am" to you
2,854 Posts
A people gets the government it deserves. The only way we can ever fix this is by finding and electing people who are OK with being one term wonders, because what needs to be done will be tremendously unpopular with the majority of the populace. Look at the riots in France just because the lazy jerks are being asked to retire at 62 instead of 60. Do you think it will be any different here? Do you think the millions living on the public dole will just quietly accept being cut off?

The blame for the mess we are in has to be put squarely on the backs of the people. The politicians have merely done what they were elected to do - get the biggest share of the public teat into the mouths of their constituents as possible.

The PEOPLE have the power. And for the past century they have used their power to continuously reelect those most likely to drive our country into the ground.

·
Keeping it Simple
1,074 Posts
Make sure you vote for conservatives, dont worry about what they stand for or if they even know how to fix the problems.

When your done voting, pm me for the addy to send your preps to since you wont be needing them with our saviors in office.
I will be voting for Conservatives and I know what they stand for. I have read and researched the issues. FYI there is more than just Harry Reid and Sharron Angle on the ballot here in my state. There are many issues that affect me directly. Issues like Sales Tax, Judge appointment issues, Eminent Domain, Local Sheriff, County Judges, DA and County Commissioners.

Why do you say my voting will make me more vulnerable than you who does nothing? I am a charitable person when I am not forced, so send me your address and Ill send you some bread for your government cheese. :D:

·
Banned
1,405 Posts
If you don't vote, you don't get to complain.
Do i have to smoke weed to complain about the harsh drug laws for non violent offenders as well?

How about if i pay taxes, do i get to complain then?

Should i go to war so i can bitch about that if i feel like it?

I have read and researched the issues.
Really?

what is the biggest issue facing every american today then?

And what are your leaders going to do about it?

·
502 Posts
If you don't vote, you don't get to complain.
Would you have me imprisoned for complaining? Would you have me terminated? Would you let me run amok if I complained about the same powers-that-be that you complained about? Or would you rather I be forced to vote? You gonna drag me in by the scruff of my neck and make me vote? Or do you feel that you can make better decisions of who should be voted for and that my vote should automatically be disavowed?

Perhaps I only vote in local elections and ignore national or the other way around.

What about my unalienable rights? Are they to be revoked if I choose to not participate? Do I get a free plain ride to some other country of my choice?

Hehehe. How you gonna stop me from complaining huh?

·
Keeping it Simple
1,074 Posts
what is the biggest issue facing every american today then?

And what are your leaders going to do about it?
Biggest issue = MONEY (Taxes, Social Security, Welfare, Housing, Healthcare costs, ect) its ALL about money that is the BIG issue this election.

Im want to keep ALL my money that I earn, the government wants to take as much as they can.

The current POS that are in office are doing their best to take everything. Thats why I am doing my part to change that. By voting I am trying to get someone in office that will try to stop the spending and save my money.

By voting down the Assembly Bill 403 of the 74th Session of the State of Nevada, I am saying Sales Tax and Use Tax must go on ballot and be decided by the people, not the legislature.

Do you want me to go through my whole election ballot with you here? It only applies for my state and county and is kinda lengthy and wordy.

Yes I did research my ballot, I took the time to learn about my ballot and I am going to take the time to cast my vote.

I dont have complete faith in any of the candidates, so I also prep because you do have a point about them all being the same. :thumb:

·
Banned
1,405 Posts
Biggest issue = MONEY (Taxes, Social Security, Welfare, Housing, Healthcare costs, ect) its ALL about money that is the BIG issue this election.

Im want to keep ALL my money that I earn, the government wants to take as much as they can.

The current POS that are in office are doing their best to take everything. Thats why I am doing my part to change that. By voting I am trying to get someone in office that will try to stop the spending and save my money.
So the biggest issue facing americans is not the money system per say, but us being allowed to keep the money we earn?

Interesting.

how about we vote to keep all the money we earn, will that make this a better country?

·
502 Posts
Are you kidding me? You are going to complain, but NOT vote? You know this is a survivalist website that is a discussion of ideas of how to survive. So I would assume you were not a whiney little girl who stands out in the snow and complains about the cold, but will not build a fire. Survivalists identify a problem and attempt to fix the problem, sheep do nothing, you are a sheep.

Have you ever voted? By not voting YOU are are giving up a right and yeah I do have more rights than you because I vote.
:upsidedown: Got yer undies twisted with that 'sheep thing' huh? I recommend that you should size up. After all, why not be comfortable when the SHTF ?

Have I ever voted? Why, yes I have.

By not voting, I'm giving up a right? No. By not voting for who they prop up amongst their ranks, I am making a statement of non-compliance to a fraudulent and rigged system.

You have more rights than me because you vote? Why? Because you say so? I have my doubts about that one. As a matter of fact, I have more rights than you because I say so.

·
Keeping it Simple
1,074 Posts
:upsidedown: Got yer undies twisted with that 'sheep thing' huh? I recommend that you should size up. After all, why not be comfortable when the SHTF ?

Have I ever voted? Why, yes I have.

By not voting, I'm giving up a right? No. By not voting for who they prop up amongst their ranks, I am making a statement of non-compliance to a fraudulent and rigged system.

You have more rights than me because you vote? Why? Because you say so? I have my doubts about that one. As a matter of fact, I have more rights than you because I say so.
First of all I can tell you are just trolling, just because you are bored. You arent even making sense.

Second, I always go commando, so "Undies" dont apply.

A statement of noncompliance? Hahaha, thats funny. Im glad you dont vote, it makes you obsolete and unrepresented.

I guess I wasnt clear so I'll try to break it down for you. Voting is a right, if you dont vote, you are not exercising one of your rights, so it is a right you dont have. I am voting so I have this right.....I have more rights than you... get it?

·
Banned
1,405 Posts
First of all I can tell you are just trolling, just because you are bored. You arent even making sense.

Second, I always go commando, so "Undies" dont apply.

A statement of noncompliance? Hahaha, thats funny. Im glad you dont vote, it makes you obsolete and unrepresented.

I guess I wasnt clear so I'll try to break it down for you. Voting is a right, if you dont vote, you are not exercising one of your rights, so it is a right you dont have. I am voting so I have this right.....I have more rights than you... get it?
so if you dont use a right you lose it?

·
Keeping it Simple
1,074 Posts
So the biggest issue facing americans is not the money system per say, but us being allowed to keep the money we earn?

Interesting.

how about we vote to keep all the money we earn, will that make this a better country?
You asked what the most important issue was this election and I gave my opinion. As for making the country better? There are dozens of things that need to be done before that happens.

Why do you care if you dont want to cast your vote? How aware are you of whats going on in your county?

It totally does not make sense to talk down the system, but put no effort in the choosing or changing the system.

·
502 Posts
To abstain from a/the process is similar to a null vote. If the system is corrupt then voting becomes a from of compliance. I choose to not comply. I would much rather have 545 criminals put behind bars for life than to encourage the perpetuation of a elitist system that wants to curtail my freedoms and render me 'obsolete' if I do not bend to their will.

I have a little sports car that will do better than 120/MPH. I do not choose to drive the thing full out a great deal of the time due to the fact that other people drive at posted lower limits on the roadways. I choose not to utilize my little sports cars full potential because I can not predict what individual drivers will do. It's a safety thing. The power is still there (I still have it), I choose not to make use of it. I would rather wait until I have the option to 'open her up' and see if shes still got it, like on Saturday night at the track, where doing so is legal, safe and encouraged. And so with voting. No candidates I've seen are safe, so I abstain. I vote; None of the above.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts