Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pics taken down, I have my answer.

In place of them you can imagine two pics of two IBC totes being loaded into a pickup from a flatbed trailer.

Saw these being unloaded in my neighborhood. Drove around the block to see them being unloaded from that truck to their privacy fence enclosed back yard. They have a good sized shed, but these went into the back yard. Both tanks have spigots on them.

Rain catchment?
Storage?
Would you use them for gardening some how?

The only thing I can think of is that I may have some like minded people in the neighborhood.

Any other more practical explanations I'm not seeing here?

·
Adventurer
19,333 Posts
only ones i hav aeen with the metal cages around contain 500 gal of round up

but in this case i say you might have a new friend prepping

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
only ones i hav aeen with the metal cages around contain 500 gal of round up

but in this case i say you might have a new friend prepping
That's what I'm hoping. They're not my direct neighbors, but they are close. Wouldn't really be able to strike up a conversation 'over the fence', but it would be nice to know they're close.

They could be for anything. The people on this forum use them for water storage. But, they look pretty beat up and dirty. Could be old fertilizer tanks... Who knows?
I live in town and put a bit of thought into it, and I can't come up with any other explanation than they are for water storage.

Thanks for the quick replies.

Edit: Reason for going into the backyard? They have a sliding glass back patio door. Only door in the structure you'd be able to get that through!

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They could be using them for a water feature.
Feature? Like incorporated into an outside pond or small waterfall of some type?

Could be, I have no idea what's going on in their back yard, and that's fine with me by the way, I have plans for a six foot privacy fence also.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Deffenatly a meth lab.
LOLZ, wrong neighborhood. They've been here for about two years. I've seen their kids playing outside, they keep things up nice. They seem to have jobs with regular hours, no unusual traffic. Pfft, they've done nothing but IMPROVE the property since they've been here.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I would just stroll over and say, What the hell are those big tanks for? Then you will know your new neighbors.
No, I'm not going to impose. I'm certainly not going to do anything confrontational. If anything, I might bring them some tomatoes from the little garden I put in this year.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts