·
BowHunter
2,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
MSM Ignores Hidden Carbon Tax Provisions in Paulson’s Bailout 2.0

Matthew Vadum
NewsBusters
October 2, 2008

Why is the mainstream media –which keeps lecturing Americans that Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson’s Bailout Package Version 2.0 must be passed immediately– ignoring what might be the most earth-shattering provisions in Paulson’s package?

The media needs to start asking hard questions. Here is where they need to start. If you look at page 180 of the 451-page monster bailout bill that easily passed the Senate yesterday (PDF here), you will see that it includes at Section 116 language about the tax treatment of “industrial source carbon dioxide.” It also provides, at Section 117, for a “carbon audit of the tax code.”

What could a provision about the tax treatment of “industrial source carbon dioxide” and another provision about doing a “carbon audit” of the tax code possibly have to do with restoring confidence in Wall Street’s troubled credit markets?

The answer: NOTHING.

This appears to be an attempt by global warming fanatics to lay the foundation for an economy-killing carbon tax just like the “cap-and-tax” system that is now destroying European industry.

If you think the Mother of All Bailouts is bad, just wait till you see the carbon tax. Get ready to reduce your standard of living drastically.

It really shouldn’t be a surprise that these non-germane provisions are included in legislation that is supposed to save all of us from economic Armageddon.

After all, Henry Paulson is a confirmed environmentalist and global warming true-believer who abused his power at Goldman Sachs. While Paulson headed Goldman Sachs he simultaneously headed the Nature Conservancy and his wife was a former Conservancy board member. (See “In Goldman Sachs We Trust: How the Left’s Favorite Bank Influences Public Policy,” by Fred Lucas, Foundation Watch, October 2008.)

Henry Paulson presided over Goldman Sachs’s donation of 680,000 acres of land it owned in Tierra del Fuego, Chile to the New York-based Wildlife Conservation Society.

One of the trustees of the Wildlife Conservation Society was H. Merritt Paulson, the son of Henry Paulson.

As green critic Paul Driessen observed, at no time did anyone “assess the vast area’s potential value for timber, oil or metals, so that locals and [Goldman Sachs] shareholders would at least know the true cost of the giveaway.”

·
Registered
694 Posts
Sweeper I have yet figure out why did they give Paulson all that power. He will take this power and then become President or a dictator. I can see possibilities in that. There will be many attatchments to this bill before it is all over with. The rich HAS Got to support the rich. I have said this to many people, if the poor and middle class would get over our inability to get along with other races, ethnic groups,sexes or religions and see what the rich is doing to promote these indifferences and ideas, we could take the power or rise up in revolution against a system that supports the upper 1%.

This is why the Congress has let Henry Paulson as the overseer of their money. I see real trouble in the future, about 10 minutes after this legislation is passed.

·
Watchin tha world go by
8,151 Posts
Your attendance is hereby ordered
to the wedding of the millennium
October 3 2008

we are proud to announce that after shacking up together for decades our wayward,
despicable, corrupt, and power hungry leaders and financiers have finally made it official.
no longer will liaisons be carried out in the dead of night and in sleazy motels.
they can now put the screws in you upfront with no need for secrecy, subterfuge or
public contrition.

we will be sending the the catering, honeymoon, and all future bills to the little people we care so much for. because without your lack of ballot box oversight we would never have been able to do this.
thank you for your complacency and we hope to continue our parasitic relationship with you for years to come. (not that you have a choice - but we want ta make ya feel better about it)

sincerely
The Govstreets

·
Information is Ammunition
22,122 Posts
“industrial source carbon dioxide”
o_O
o_O

Are we about to be taxed for breathing?

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
To tell you the truth I have a hard time complaining about anything that may lead to cleaner air or a better environment....and that (my opinon) has nothing to do with global warming. F-k global warming, I want clean air! I care more about that than anything! They can have any NWO they want. Give me clean air and water and I will live out in the bush just fine. If they want to use global warming as THEIR reason, fine.

·
BowHunter
2,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
“industrial source carbon dioxide”
o_O
o_O

Are we about to be taxed for breathing?
And cows and pigs farting,etc.This is one of the greatest taxing schemes ever devised. Backed by shoddy science and fanatical environmentalism. Its a further way to control the masses.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts