14,678 Posts
"...One nation, under God, indivisable, with liberty and justice for all."
Could not say it any better than Red.:thumb:

Reactions: Goethic and WSierra

·
RESET CONGRESS!!
9,462 Posts
Great find WSierra!
Thanks. I have always liked Red's interpretation of the pledge.
A good video to play for the younger generations, eh.
I don't know if kids even recite it in schools anymore. It may be politically incorrect to do so.

·
May the Lord be with us
5,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Whata Great Tribute to the Pledge of Allegiance!

What a Great Tribute to the Pledge of Allegiance and What America Really Stands for... This is Americana at its finest. I have never seen this before.

My first thought is that every year, grades 1 through 12, should start and end with the watching of this video.

Great response, WSierra...:)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Red was great. Got to see him twice before he left us.

Just a note, in 1954 the words under God were added but no comma. It reads "...one nation under God," and the difference is the legislature at that time presumed we were a nation of God fearing people.

·
Miles togo before I sleep
472 Posts
Thank you W Sierra! :thumb:

I just made my kids sit down and watch it with me again.
Sadly they are not allowed to recite it at school anymore. That is just one of the reasons we will be moving them out of the public education system.

Reactions: WSierra

·
Banned
1,021 Posts
Pledge of Allegiance

I posted this somewhere else but it belongs here too.

:) Pledge of Allegiance to the United States

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

:eek: Pledge of Allegiance to the United Nations
I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United Nations of the World, and to the dominance for which it stands, one nation under Satan, indivisible, with liberty and justice for few.

:upsidedown: It's all upside down now...

·
Joe McCarthy was Right!
4,785 Posts
"...One nation, under God, indivisable, with liberty and justice for all."
Well considering that this device of indoctrination was composed a full 100+ years AFTER this nation formed it is a representation to me of a way the powers that be at the time wanted to exact an oath out of the populace. A method to keep people in line.

One nation, thats fine.
Under god, could take it or leave it.
Indivisible, thats the hook isnt it.
With liberty and justice for all, Works for me.

·
RESET CONGRESS!!
9,462 Posts
Thank you W Sierra! :thumb:

I just made my kids sit down and watch it with me again.
Sadly they are not allowed to recite it at school anymore. That is just one of the reasons we will be moving them out of the public education system.
What a neat thing to do! Did they like it? I thought that that might be the case in public schools now. I wasn't sure. I remember reciting the pledge every morning at school, facing the flag, with our hands over our hearts. (yep, I'm old. lol) Also bowing our heads at our desks and sharing the Lord's prayer. Wow. Add to that, learning the golden rule. Remember being chosen to carry and display the flag during assemblies? Walking down an aisle with the flags(s) as all the kids stood as it was taken to the tiny stage and placed in stansions at the corner of curtain?
I remember. It felt good. It felt, well,.. right.
Thank you for sharing that little old video with your kids. They will also thank you, in many ways down the years. Good for you! Pass it along.

·
RESET CONGRESS!!
9,462 Posts
I suppose the indivisible part means that states rights are dead.
Hi Bert! I don't think states' rights are in peril by any means. The pledge is/was just an afformation of alligence by individual citizens to the whole of our republic. I have no problem with that personally. But, completely separate from that, .. it may become necessary for state(s) to dissolve their association with the republic, as is their right, determined by each state's citizens. No small decision to be sure, but 100% within every state's Constitutional rights. We are a republic,.. a collection of 'united' states,.. or in some case, as with Texas (Texas is the Republic of Texas, someone correct me if I'm wrong) a slightly different entity, but STILL a member of the union BY CHOICE. Very important. As I read the Constitution and supporting documents, the states can bow out if they deem it necessary and desirable.
The federal government would surely [email protected] it's huge bloated pants, and goodness knows how it would react, but Constitutionally, it cannot be forbidden.
If things do not improve, change directrion, we just may see such a challange in our lifetimes.

·
Registered
841 Posts
I agree states have the right to leave the union. Didn't work out too well last time, however. A piece of paper means about jack when the other guys have more guns and don't feel like reading.

If kids spend the first 12 years of school reciting "indivisible" every day like a prayer, how do you think they will react when a state tries to divide the union? Seems to me it is brainwashing, pure and simple. But, then again, I'm a bit hostile tonight, so it could just be me.

·
Your move Sparky...
7,782 Posts
It's a damn good start...

1 - 20 of 53 Posts