Survivalist Forum banner

What does Ben have left

4K views 40 replies 20 participants last post by  Crackshot 
#1 ·
What does BenB have left in his bag of tricks. How much can he print without totally plunging us into Hyper-inflation. Any opinions on what he might do?

#8 ·
They only "trick" left in his bag is to keep the printing presses (digital screen) fired up indefinitely to try to ride this out. They old Keynesian theory that even more money creation can get us through these recessions has ran out of steam, but those who sincerely believe in this fallacy will continue to ride it until the very end. It won't be until there is a monumental change in policy or a complete destruction of the dollar--the latter being the more likely outcome--before we will see an end to this charade.

#10 ·
I think Ben hit the nail on the head. People will put their money into stocks because it's the only game in town. He's offering "STABILITY," something we haven't seen for a long, long time. People can now plan on low interest rates for 2 years....that's great news for many people who may want to borrow to expand their business or buy something on credit.

I think it's great news for everybody.

:thumb:

#12 ·
I think Ben hit the nail on the head. People will put their money into stocks because it's the only game in town. He's offering "STABILITY," something we haven't seen for a long, long time.......
Ben and Timmy have been in charge for the last several years, and we haven't seen stability for "a long,long time" ?? So, why all of a sudden, should we expect it now ?
The very existence of the Central Banks, and their self-serving manipulation of the money supply and interest rates, are at the foundation of our economic troubles. They create the boom/bust cycles that only they and the rest of the PTB profit by, and use to subvert and control the world's governments.
Rest assured,NOTHING that TheBenBernank does or says is "great news for everybody".

#16 ·
I don't always agree with what you discuss but I think you are right in that people will plan on the low interest.

I don't think the desired outcome will hold though... long before the end of this extended low rate ends, the debt debate will come back into play, and we will face the same song and dance... except there won't be any music playing (nothing else they can do).

Unforunately, I think the only way to fix it is to cut spending everywhere (social programs included) AND raise taxes... and that won't happen because none wants to lose a voter...

#20 ·
The US dollar has lost about 98% of it's value since 1913 (98 years ago). Ben only needs to make it last another two years until it is worth zero. Some may deride this, but the maths speaks for itself. Or do you really believe in the fiat ponzi scheme?

#26 ·
If people keep buying t-bills from Europe,Asia,and South America,the dollar will continue it's strengthening,it will continue to be a rush to liquidity and King Dollar,remember that when you buy gas in two weeks.

The rise in gold had nothing to do with inflation,it was a flight out of the currency markets,that's why silver was flat.

Liquidity=dollars,gold,t-bills

http://www.tulsagasprices.com/GasPriceSearch.aspx

Deflation,depression

#29 ·
So why are the gas prices relevant to this?

Maybe I dont get it but are we not looking at a shrinking or at least stagnant economy? If this is the case, supply will outpace demand and the prices go down. In some ways good or lower gas prices. In many many other ways bad.

V

#32 ·
LOL funny, but he doesnt bother me. I know some people just cant handle reality. Its hard to admit to yourself that the way of life that youre acustom to more than likely will be coming to an end. Still dont understand what hes doing on a survivalist site though considering the material we cover and the flexability needed to think like a survivalist. The idea is to prepair for any situation, not to deny deny deny.

I will be honest though, I really havent been preping for zombies.

#36 ·
I've read that to keep home values up for future sellers and buyers, the bankers and loan institutions of the foreclosed homes are bulldozing homes to the ground and maintaining empty lots on purpose. Less homes equal greater costs to the new home buyers when a shortage of homes hits the buying market one day in the future.

We'll probably see something similar happening to other commodities, too. Intentional destruction to create shortages and raise the prices when the market demand begins to increase. Fields of corn, wheat, and cotton won't be planted on purpose and oil refineries will be shut down creating gas shortages and higher fuel prices. Those that control the stock market's commodity section know how to manipulate it in their favor no matter the economic conditions. Kramer, of CNBC's Squawk Box, even bragged and joked about manipulating the stock market conditions once to make a profit. There is a video on YouTube showing it.

#39 ·
Hey youre getting it. Congratz.

Slightly higher rates would attract more outside buyers for government bonds meaning that they wouldnt have to monitize them and create more inflation. It would also mean that they might actually realize that with higher rates they actually need to cut the size of goverment a little to cover the added costs. And smaller government is the direction we need to be heading in.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.