Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two of my good friends put together a display of what a one year supply of food for one person would look like. Keep in mind, this is not luxury living, it is survival living. It is a very visual representation and really lets a person know that it is a very achievable goal and a great beginning point.
Hope this helps.

Attachments

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is recommended that you have a 2 week supply of fresh water for each individual. It would be all but impossible to store a year supply of fresh water. I will get you the rest of the details in a few minutes :)

·
just waitin' for it
680 Posts
Thanks for the post... I'd like to get some more details on the display in the last pic if possible... a larger pic that I can zoom in and read, or a transcription....

·
Constitutionalist
238 Posts
Well one thing is for sure when the shtf I am gonna lose some weight! lol....I am right there with you josh I am stocking so much different stuff its weird. I got box potatoes and beans and rice etc etc...got 1 case of water yesterday gonna get more soon.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
How many here could actually eat 1 loaf of bread and 1/3 cup of beans every single day? First off that's not a lot of food. Second off I'd be so sick of bread and beans I'd probably kill myself about 2 months in.

While it would be better than dirt and leaves everyone should strive for a little more diversity in their food preps.
Don't forget the honey. :D: You could alternate days - beans & rice one day - bread & honey 2nd day, etc.

On a serious note I agree with your point about diversity. And my preps will be supplemented with stuff from the garden, wild game & foraged wild edibles.

A variety of seasonings will help greatly regardless of what you store & forage.

·
Registered
9,101 Posts
Iv just started noteing everything I buy food wise etc., so at the end of this year I will know what I need to store for one year.

I order online, so Im keeping the delivery note.

·
Ego Sto Solus
179 Posts
How many here could actually eat 1 loaf of bread and 1/3 cup of beans every single day? First off that's not a lot of food. Second off I'd be so sick of bread and beans I'd probably kill myself about 2 months in.

While it would be better than dirt and leaves everyone should strive for a little more diversity in their food preps.
guess it just depends on the person..i already eat chicken some 250 days out of a year..and given this is a step up from rice and beans..am i wrong in thinkin japanese peasants basically lived on rice only during certain times in their history?..seem to recall thats all they were allowed while higher classes consumed much better meals

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
When I first started buying things,I wrote everything down.Product,sell buy date,how many items I had.This way I have a quick and easy reference to what I have stored.When I buy more I simply add to the list.Its a good way to tell if I have enough items.

1 - 20 of 99 Posts