Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Only Half Human
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dicks has some on sale. One with .22 .243 and 410. Are they reliable? Any issues? Anything to look out for?

·
Deo VIndice
6,108 Posts
sounds neat...shame we have no dicks stores here. what are they asking?

·
Happiness is 2 at low 8
1,403 Posts
Dicks has some on sale. One with .22 .243 and 410. Are they reliable? Any issues? Anything to look out for?
A couple of viewpoints;

First there is only one "gun", only one 4473 to fill out yet you have multiple uses (saves space in the safe.)

Second is a mixed bag in that there is only one stock for all 3 barrels; might be a good thing if all three barrels are rifles or all three barrels are shotguns, but not if you have a mix. The ideal stock on a shotgun is not the same as the ideal stock on a rifle for the same person (the sight picture is slightly different - heck the stocks are different depending what game you're playing.) So either the stock will be less than ideal with a rifle barrel attached or less than ideal with the shotgun barrel attached, or a compromise for both.
The up side is that you have the same trigger for all barrels, though, again the shotgun trigger ideally is heavier than that on a rifle...

Now having said all that. I think it's a great idea if you're $$$ challenged or space challenged...

Allan

·
Registered
127 Posts
is it a Thompson center contender you are looking at?
if so they are neat guns. compact, versatile, well made, good quality for the money. only drawback is they're single shot.

·
Registered
99 Posts
i own a rossi combo i love mine but it is just a 50 cal inline and a .243 they both shoot great i use the 50cal during muzzle loading and 243 during everything else

·
Registered
228 Posts
I love the big bore doubles. Great weapons, but most of the ones I like cost more than my land LOL. I ended up with a Marlin 45-70 guide gun best weapon I ever owned.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts