Votes: 6 21.4%
  • or more

Votes: 8 28.6%
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is a hypothetical question but I would appreciate it if you would weigh in.

I have already seen to where some of my preps helped out during a job change, but how long do you think before you will need them daily?

·
Registered
205 Posts
I voted for 2 years, but that's just an educated guess...possibly sooner. Monsanto is messing with the food supply, bank closures and seizures are being stepped up, more people unemployed which is being predicted by the government, States, counties and cities with severe budget problems, and the 13+ trillion deficit. Homes and commercial real estate continue to go into foreclosure, and businesses closing. There's a lot of stuff going on, and top that off with people not trusting the government or the Mutt who is in office.

·
Wanderer
259 Posts
experiencedprepper;813322]I voted for 2 years, but that's just an educated guess...possibly sooner. Monsanto is messing with the food supply, bank closures and seizures are being stepped up, more people unemployed which is being predicted by the government, States, counties and cities with severe budget problems, and the 13+ trillion deficit. Homes and commercial real estate continue to go into foreclosure, and businesses closing. There's a lot of stuff going on, and top that off with people not trusting the government or the Mutt who is in office.
On the deficit specifically, I have heard (and checked the math on) a great way to wrap your mind around 13 Trillion.

1 million seconds is a little over 11.5 days
1 trillion seconds is a little over 31,709.8 years

·
Non Multa Sed Multum
45 Posts
Maybe I am paranoid, but multiple sources point to a specific date of December 21st, 2012. There are ancient texts (multiple sources) that point to a day in that general vicinity, so adjusting for calendar shifts over the last 200 years, that is a good estimate.

Economic factors and other environmental issues inconjunction with current political challenges in both USA and in Asia lead towards major issues arriving sooner than later. So long as no one "Drops The Big One", I think that natural disasters involving food (famine) and/or disease will most probably bring about a SHTF scenario sometime around next Presidential election.

Just my thoughts...

·
Registered
enough to sleep well at night
4,734 Posts
If I had a Crystal Ball I would give you a accurate answer. I can no more pick the date, the you can the next wining Lotto Number for Mega Millions or Power Ball. The best we can do is to Prepare, educate, and live our lives accordingly ,for when the time comes. When it does,... We will survive with the preps we have, not with the preps we wish we had. Part of prepping is acquiring goods, tools, food, seeds, Precious Metals, Firearms, ammo, etc., and knowledge, that will be Beneficial for a different life style. I wish I had a date or a idea as what is to come. However as I prep a little more I have bigger wants and desires, so I will be the first to say, I will never be 100% ready.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts