Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Most times i go out into the wilderness is for day hikes for scouting or extended 5+ day excursions/camping. For me, I love almost every bit of it. Occasionally I hit a snag but its generally a minor thing. I recently met up with a few people that went down with me for my research in the amazon and talked about what we liked/didn't like and how we would change it for next year.

It got me thinking about the things i missed from civilization. For me, I missed cold food in general (ice cream, cold pizza, etc). What I missed the most was cold drinks and ice. There was plenty of hot drinks and food and even more at the lukewarm climate temperature (or body temperature lol).

I got used to no television and the internet really fast. Our limited access to junk city food and electricity took a little bit longer but as long as we had light at night (it got dark at 6pm) it didn't matter too much. The millions of mosquitoes stopped bothering me after a day. I never realized how much I missed a simple thing as ice and a cold glass of water until I got back into the states and stopped at a McDonald's and had a large cold coke.

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
to me the first few days are the worst. after that you dont miss the tv, toilet, shower that much. but if i ran out of t.p. i'd lose it. i am not using leaves if i dont have to.

·
Living To Ride
2,030 Posts
Nothing. Been camping twice this year so far, and practically had to be dragged back kicking and screaming both times.
Thats me every time. Out in the bush or when I am off on a putt when I hit that halfway mark and need to turn around start heading homeward is always tough. If it ever really hits the fan the ability to travel is what I will miss the most. This country has unbelievably awesome scope of terrain and environments of incredible beauty to hike camp explore. So that's what I will miss the most being able to get on the putt and go on an adventure to some part of the country I have never seen.

In the bush there is nothing man made I miss.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts