Survivalist Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Retired Army
6,471 Posts
Typically oldies from the 60s-70s. Country at times, Blues at other times, Classical once in a while. Get a while hair, and I'll put on Phantom of the Opera.

As I type this, a list of easy listening, just finished "I'm gonna find another you" by John Mayer, and this is playing at the moment...

·
Registered
518 Posts
At work
The Bob and Tom show in the morning
Michael Savage podcast if there is a new one, if not, depending on my mood, classic rock or 70s & 80s hits the rest of the day

At home
The TV, youtube, concerts or something from my vast mp3 collection at any given time

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
I like Amy Lavere, she accompanies herself on the standup bass. I don't like wearing a headset so I built a couple of little Karlson XKi speakers for a bluetooth amp. I use a Chromebook and seldom turn on my PC. If YouTube autoplay hits something really good I might couple to the home theater sound system via Roku.

·
The Black Death
555 Posts
Relocating desktop(Alienware Area 51 and 30 inch monitor) from 2nd floor of home to 1st floor. Have a fan going on the 2nd floor for cooling and it is very loud. I will not need a fan on the 1st floor, as it is 5F cooler at least. But I rarely listen to any music. I wear headphones and I listen for fam members calling out, or listen to a YouTube/BitChute/Rumble video, or talk radio streamed over the Internet.

·
Registered
570 Posts
My taste in music doesn't change with what I happen to be doing. The level of beastial screaming goes up or down, mood and task dependant but it's predominantly metal for me.

Some newer stuff one of my kids turned me onto. Used to be a slayer/metallica/megadeth kinda guy but the newer stuff can be pretty good. Couple of songs. It's metal, you been warned. Don't blame your headache on me!

Highly recommend that one ^^^ Even non metal heads should dig it.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Well wait. I listen to Les Stroud, the dude from the Survivor man show. I really like the guy, the real deal imo far as tv survival shows go and he does bluesy/dirty rock I like.
Great driving music when I don't need to get amped up more than I already am because of horrible drivers.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I have tinnitus too, and I've found recordings of crickets on low volume, about like natural crickets here sound like, helps a great deal. The pitch of the crickets is very close to the sound I hear from my tinnitus, and it sort of helps me not to hear it or notice it so badly.

My favorite, sounds like my back yard. 10 hours of crickets, sometimes I set it and let it play all night.

is there any sound there

·
Don't fear the Reaper
2,450 Posts
Yes, it's crickets, with an occasional cicada. That's about all. No wind, no frogs, just crickets.

·
Registered
9,949 Posts
Me? Absolutely nothing. I may have the TV on in the other room at times. In the garage working on cars, nothing as well. In the cars, either satellite radio or my iPod that holds hundreds of tunes.

·
Off the leash
2,449 Posts
Depends on the time of day and our mood. When I'm on first thing in the morning most of what I'm hearing are the outdoor sounds, birds, wind, rain, whatever is going on. I do hear the dogs snoring or roaming around in the house too if they are in. If it's winter time, the wood stove crackling and the stove fan running.

Later in the day it may be music, something on You Tube or just outside sounds again. We live very rural so it's usually nice and quiet.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Silence. Ironically, I'm a musician, but I don't listen to music much, only stuff I am learning to play. To me it is like watching sports versus playing sports.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts