Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Either my S&W mod 13 .357 (4" barrel) or my Taurus, also in .357 but with 2" barrel. I prefer wheel guns, myself, as they are less complicated and with less parts I feel like they are less likely to have a failure. And I worry about semi-autos jamming. Having said that, I also have semi-autos but just prefer to carry the revolvers when my life could depend on it.

·
Registered
871 Posts
kimber pro carry 45acp loaded with 230gr hydrashocks
smith and wesson model 60 38special 158gr lead hollowpoints
when i'm out in the woods it's a smith and wesson model 13 357magnum loaded with 180gr partition gold hollowpoints by winchester.
wife carries a stouger couger in 40sw loaded with 180gr hollowpoints

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
I've always carried a 1911 .45. I will probably go back to a Charter Arms Bulldog .44 spl. when I get another one. It had the 2 inch bbl and was easy to hide. Both make me feel all warm and fuzzy when I travel.

Hi Poopus

·
Simple Man
428 Posts
H&K P2000 V1 9mm, most of the time.

Sometimes I carry my Taurus .38spcl. Depends on the mood.

·
"Dolt"
3,265 Posts
Glock 17 95% of the time.
Glock 23 5% of the time.

I have a kel tec p3at that I wouldnt sell if you made me. Not because I love it but because I would hate to have someones life depend a a crap gun. kel tec have a crap rep. Like it or not, they are not considered a reliable carry option.

·
Learning more each day
253 Posts
What I carry

CCW Holder here

S&W 645 in holster that has extra mag. Hope I never have to use it but ready if needed.

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Glock 17 95% of the time.
Glock 23 5% of the time.

I have a kel tec p3at that I wouldnt sell if you made me. Not because I love it but because I would hate to have someones life depend a a crap gun. kel tec have a crap rep. Like it or not, they are not considered a reliable carry option.
I agree, the P3AT is not the best to carry. However, it is difficult, at best, to carry in my line of work (i'm a RN). I find the P3AT is the only thing that will fit in my pocket and not attract attention. When i'm working I carry the P3AT, when im home or out with the family I carry the P239. I love my Sig!
I have not hade any problems with my P3AT. It is one of 2 Kel-Tec's I own and I think Kel-Tec makes a good gun. What problems have you heard of or experienced?

·
Registered
11 Posts
.45 all the way

I carry a Kimber Pro Raptor II with me most anywhere I go. Compact and has night sights. Very accurate and dependable pistol.

·
"Dolt"
3,265 Posts
I agree, the P3AT is not the best to carry. However, it is difficult, at best, to carry in my line of work (i'm a RN). I find the P3AT is the only thing that will fit in my pocket and not attract attention. When i'm working I carry the P3AT, when im home or out with the family I carry the P239. I love my Sig!
I have not hade any problems with my P3AT. It is one of 2 Kel-Tec's I own and I think Kel-Tec makes a good gun. What problems have you heard of or experienced?
Hey cool, I'm a nurse also. I carry a g17, pretty much everywhere. Including when I wore scrubs, and now that I were dress slacks and polos.

My problem with kel tec is that they are overall an unreliable gun. Yes there are a few "mine works" but there a hell of alot of "mine dont works" out there too. I am a gun snob who believes that a gun should have a high working percentage straight out of the box. meaning that 99% of the guns can be taken straight from the box to a empty clip with NO problems encountered.

Kel tec cant seem to do that very often.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts