Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Let'em think we are whack jobs. I will be eating Spam in my BOL when they wake up and smell the poop hitting the fan.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
It's a great documentary. Shame the other parts are blocked.

It's Louis' style to play naive in order to be able to ask tough questions and highlight other's character defects. In this one, he ends up making the idiots look like idiot, and the decent ones, like the main family, come off looking good.

·
Registered
9,565 Posts
This is amusing, the average London Brit can't protect his women from being molested by Pakis without fearing he'll be cut by knives but they're concerned about what we perceive as being a threat to our security.

"Would you defend this against UN troops?"

Why do they need to be attacking, if they're here, they're fair game.

http://jpfo.org/images02/untarget.jpg

·
Homesteader
1,222 Posts
Another flippant douchebag claiming to be reporting on the trend of survivalists, but he's really there to snicker behind his hand at the crazies, and get it all on film. That way he and his urban sophisticated audience can hoot at the hayseed rubes for being so stupid.

What do you expect from someone who lives in a European Union? Where maybe 1 in 100 get the fact that this world is headed for a collision between the haves and the have nots. They have already been mostly disarmed and are helpless to resist.

I guess I could judge the host of the show better if I knew what he had stashed in HIS basement if anything.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
OK, I almost made it to 2 mins but the host (Louis Theroux) lost me when he thought that the canvas top/open door atv they were riding in was submersible. Even after Steve Quail explained it "goes on top of the water", he still had to ask "how deep" it would go. Steve then say's "it dont matter how deep the water is, it FLOATS!"

How can you interview someone about something when you have no clue about anything.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
@newprepr- he just puts on the act. He knows what's going on. The whole thing is well worth watching even if you don't like his style.

·
Patient Zero of WWZ
5,334 Posts
How can you interview someone about something when you have no clue about anything.
It's a journalist thing. The first requisite to be a journalist is to know nothing.

53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You know, I'm sort of an outisider here, not believing in the same apocalypse, nor believing in New World Order, but I actually like the people in this doc, just not the nazi ones.
What do people think of "Mike"? I know his book is well known here, but what do people think, how much do you know about him? (Still alive?) Great to see a survivalist that's on the left ;)

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Don't know much about Mike, but he seems a decent down-to-earth kind of guy.

Louis invited him along to a channelling of Korton. Worth a couple of minutes of anyone's time for a giggle.

·
Registered
5,987 Posts
It's a great documentary. Shame the other parts are blocked.

It's Louis' style to play naive in order to be able to ask tough questions and highlight other's character defects. In this one, he ends up making the idiots look like idiot, and the decent ones, like the main family, come off looking good.
I agree. While watching this one I was thinking it was going to be a hatchet job, and was pleasantly surprised to find it was an honest, and fair look at survivalists. The only people who came out looking like nuts and charlatans were the few who actually were nuts or charlatans.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts