Survivalist Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about survivalism? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 20 of 363 Posts

·
Registered
3,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today was a glorious day for round 2 of 6.5 PRC load development w/Tubul 8000.

I was also able to find 200 round of 6.5 143 gr ELD-X, 140 gr SST and 140 gr Game King. 200 Round of .30 220 gr ELD-x and 140 gr Evolution. ALL at normal prices. The good lord wants me to make more bullets.

What did you do?

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Finished sizing a lot of 2k coated 45 bullets last night. Should keep me in my favorite target load for a long time. Next up will be priming and expanding a bunch of 9 brass in preparation for load development. After that I will be fiddling with a cast rifle load load in the search for an accurate subsonic 350 legend load.

·
Registered
13,591 Posts
Ever think the price of the press may simply be a function of the “hotness” of the models used?
I sort of dislike Dillon specifically for that reason. They probably make some of the best gear...but I don’t even care. I do have a .308 Full Length sizing die made by Dillon, cheap on EBay. Seems well made.

All I did in the reloading room was look at the 30 minute line to get to the register at one LGS, and walk back out. Walk into another, see nothing but 6mm, .375 and .452 bullets, and walk back out.

Good thing I prepped a bit. I’ve got enough components to keep me busy for a while.

·
Registered
3,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How is that RCBS Matchmaster power dispenser working for you. The one I have is extremely inconsistent.

Mine works like a champ. It's as accurate as me measuring and using a beam. The trick I found is to leave it on 24/7 and not to throw with the cover over the pan.

It took me a while to trust it. I load in slow and match mode only. It's faster than me measuring each charge.

If I'm running banger loads with ball or flake, I'll use a powder measure and throw quickly.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Well, last Friday I happened across 4 pounds of CFE pistol powder and a 1000 sp primers. So, I loaded up 700 .40 SW with 180 gr. Montana Gold hp’s on one of my 550 presses.
Saturday, a friend brought me 2 pounds of 231 powder from a case of cans he had bought. I loaded up 1K of 124 gr. Montana Gold 9mm.
Friend wanted some .458 Socom loads so I put those together on an RCBS set-up since I don’t load any rifle on my Dillon’s.
Today, I loaded 100 rounds of .308 with 42gr. varget and 168 gr. Match hp bullets.
Also managed to find case gauges in .450 Bushmaster and .357 Sig. Still looking for .500 SW dies for the Big Horn lever action.
Then, after seeing your photo of your way-too-organized set-up today, I spent a few hours cleaning up my jumble of presses and tools. In-line manufacturing certainly is a boon for a crowded reloading area!

·
What hell, pay attention
8,422 Posts
Past couple of days, I loaded or prepped what I shot last week. 200 rounds of 45acp, 200 rounds of 9mm, 100 rounds of 357mag, and 100 or so rounds of 223.

Probably finish up the rest of the handgun stuff tomorrow, still have 100 of the 45 and the 357 to go there. Ill do the 223's over a couple of days next week.

Would have had the handgun stuff done today, but it was such a nice day, I took the old 625 over and blasted off that 100 I have to load tomorrow. :)

Reactions: Aceoky and 0002S

·
Super Moderator
Trash Remover
4,436 Posts
Been working up some nice (unavailable commercial around here) buckshot loads (#2 & #4 buckshot) for 'yotes etc.

Buckshot is not legal for deer here so pretty much all #00 - IF you can even find that.

Think I have a really good " winner" with longshot (and a good possible load or 3 with IMR Blue) so I have loaded several for pattern testing with a few (5) shotguns. (all 12ga btw) . which is great since I have several pounds of longshot for the purpose.

I "should" get some 9mm, .40 & .45 hardcast Cast and powder coated; gardening time here soon..... Of course IF it is anything like last year the crazy weather will allow plenty of time for non-gardening tasks

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
Not just today but this week I bought 103 30-06, 100 308, 120 9mm, 45 30-30, and 7 30/40 krag brass for a whopping $17. So I deprimed, sizes, polished, and primed all of it. Now it sits in wait until I figure out what I’m going to do with it.

·
MortarMaggot
3,496 Posts
Yesterday I started decapping some 30-06 for a friend of my son when the pin broke. Today I ordered 3 replacements for it. I have lots of RCBS small & large pins but this was for a Lee die & I don't have any spares for it. Time to go through all my die sets & see which ones I don't have spare pins for & order some.

·
Bear Fighter
1,698 Posts
Got the chronograph data on the 270 loads I built for my brother. I was hoping for 2900 fps, didn't quite get there. Gotta cross reference Nosler's info with a couple other manuals, see if I can bump it up a bit more.

Probably work up some 300 magnum loads tonight, see how they do.

·
Super Moderator. I'm helping!
8,996 Posts
Today was a glorious day for round 2 of 6.5 PRC load development w/Tubul 8000.

I was also able to find 200 round of 6.5 143 gr ELD-X, 140 gr SST and 140 gr Game King. 200 Round of .30 220 gr ELD-x and 140 gr Evolution. ALL at normal prices. The good lord wants me to make more bullets.

What did you do?

View attachment 357279
Ohhhhhhhhhhh ... I just wanna say I LOVE your set-up ... Very nice!!

We bought a reloaded out and I can't even tell you what we wound up with. The old man has been working on getting everything set up in the garage. It's starting to look better but we had a hot mess going on out there for a minute ... Lol

1 - 20 of 363 Posts