Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
I have control issues
6,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I spent the majority of the day (and part of last night) rearranging my storage room (or as my husband calls it, "the bunker"). I took apart some of my shelving units so that I could rearrange and get an extra shelving unit set up (after first emptying the shelves :xeye:). Then, I put stuff BACK on the shelves (good way to do inventory, too...inventory as the shelves get "stocked") Since I will be doing my "regular" grocery shopping tomorrow evening, I know what I need/want to buy. Of course, when I bring home the groceries, the new purchases get put into the storage, and the older stuff rotated up to the kitchen as needed.

So, did any of you work on your preps on the first day of 2009?

·
Registered
66 Posts
well, at midnight we toasted with sparkling grape juice (live in a dry county), spent the day watching looney tunes. Then I went to my grandparent's and had the traditional new year's day dinner (pork loin, cornbread, black-eyed peas, turnip greens for those of you who don't know)

Then I check to see if I won thegunsource.com's contest (free AR-15), turns out I didn't :( . Then I came here and wrote this post, and then I don't know what happened.

·
Wide awake
1,963 Posts
Skipped two New Years Day invites to sit at home and hack my brains out. Also tooled around on this site quite a bit.

Good to hear someone had a productive day.

"Civilize the mind, but make savage the body."

·
Destroyer of Ignorance
2,988 Posts
Slept in for the first time since getting the new job. Wifey let me sleep until 10:30. Considering I fell asleep yesterday at about 10:00, that was some of the best sleep I've had in months. Oh yeah, the kids were at grandma and grandpa's house for the night too. (You know you're getting old when there's no kids in the house and all you want to do is sleep, LOL)

·
Bail me out
398 Posts
I don't remember.

Reactions: Pixelguy

·
Here's my safety Sir
14,678 Posts
Worked on the wall dividing my exercise room from my motorcycle room.

·
Banned
2,077 Posts
Got in a another argument with the wife because she's such a dense broad she couldn't understand why I didn't feel like having a good time.

I was sick with a 102 temp. :sleep::sleep::sleep:

Needless to say it looks like my wife and I are heading for a divorce (as I look at the papers now). Alot of S**t through the last three or so years built up. We're just not compatible anymore, to be honest I don't think we ever were.
But hey it's all good, cause now I'll be able to do what the hell I want to, like prep more.LOL

·
Here's my safety Sir
14,678 Posts
Worked on the wall dividing my exercise room from my motorcycle room.

Oh forgot to mention that I rode the Harley for a few min ( 34 for a high today, geeez) ate black eye peas, ham, collards and corn bread and played with a $100 dollar bill. Old saying what you do on the first you do all year.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Went to bed at 9 pm as usual. I didn't have to work but I still wake up at 5 am. Read lots of things on here and went grocery shopping, looking at the shelves with new eyes.

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
I woke up 5am half tanked, crawled to the kitchen made a pot of coffee, chain smoked my headache away, made breakfast for the chillin's and read all day.

·
Premium Member
9,224 Posts
Slept late after having a great steak dinner out with my wife and sister-in-law. Watched a PPV movie at home afterwards.

Woke up before dawn to step son's 4MO baby crying. My wife and I changed the diaper and I fed him. Back to bed. (see above).

NY day I spent the afternoon working on DIY projects. Cooked dinner for the family.

All in all a great day at home, with the family, doing productive things and forgetting about the crazy outside world.

·
Wasteland Wanderer
540 Posts
I spent new years eve with my boyfriend and some of our friends. I went to bed at 6am after having spent the evening just chatting about various things. I woke up around 5pm, went home and did nothing. :)

Best rest I've had in a while.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts