Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Desperta Ferro!
2,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I heard an interview on the Glenn Beck show today (8-3-22) with one of the owners of Home - The Gun food website (an ammo & accessories reseller).

He mentioned that the shipper UPS has 'lost' over $700,000 in ammo that was purchased by this retailer, but never received. Somehow those million+ rounds all 'fell off the truck', as the mob likes to say up in NYC.
The bad part is, UPS is super duper 'woke' and refuses to investigate their personnel, drivers or process to see where all that ammo disappeared to. Somewhere a million or more rounds is in somebody's hands, and that retailer is 'just out of luck, oh well, sorry' is what they were told.

They tried filing a claim for their losses, but UPS denied all claims and gave them the brush-off.

Next time you send or receive anything, keep that in mind. You may be better off choosing a different method of shipping instead.

What can brown do for me?
Not a damned thing.
Go woke, go broke.

·
Desperta Ferro!
2,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
BTW, their prices on some stuff is reasonable, but not on everything. Still interesting to browse.

Also, if it were me, I'd arrange an electronic tracking device with GPS to be placed in several packages from the original wholesale distributer to see if the thieves could be ID'd, and have PI's record everything and take the results to whichever LE organization that would get results.

Just my 2¢.

·
Registered
838 Posts
I'm not sure what you mean about choosing someone else. Most web retailers are exclusive to one carrier or the other. I rarely see the option to choose UPS, FedEx, or USPS. UPS seems to be stepping ever closer to not shipping firearms or ammo at all, but i'm not sure the others are all that far behind.

·
Registered
10 Posts
6 months ago I purchased a case 1,000 rounds of 7.62x39 ammo from an online retailer and it was shipped with UPS. The package went missing mid transit and was never recovered, luckily I paid for insurance through the retailer. I had to wait 30 days but the online seller did refund my $ in full, no claim was ever filed with UPS by me because I knew it would never be resolved. I also always use a credit card to purchase online, this way I am protected. Recently like 2 weeks ago I purchased 2 handguns online and the shipper only uses UPS, and they highly suggested I purchase insurance because of their losses and claims with UPS. I was getting the added insurance anyway so no big deal but thankfully both items arrived without issue to my FFL, better safe than sorry. Brown is not what it use to be and if I'm given a choice, I pick another carrier. Just my .02 cents opinion, thanks for hearing me out.

·
Desperta Ferro!
2,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow! That is sad to hear.
I'm embarassed to admit I did I.T. at UPS's airhub here back in the early 2000's. They were tyrannicanical meglomaniacs in their security department back then, but most all of the other workers were nice.

By 'security', I don't mean the guards for the place.
These jackboots were more like internal affairs division at the ATF or somewhere similar. Nobody liked them because they bullied a lot of people and threatened them. A lot of good, honest people quit because of those thugs.

Now the wokeness is going to drive their business to the ground, along with all these thefts. That was what the security dep't. was SUPPOSED to be doing, investigating internal theft, which is what I suspect is happening. Since its gun-related, they don't care.

·
Registered
11,606 Posts
I had some full time UPS guys moonlight where I worked back around 1978. They told me about their scams, how they would slap new labels over the legit ones and steal what they wanted. Working with me, they would steal anything that was not nailed down. One ammo shipper I use does only UPS, I put insurance on everything I buy. So far so good.

2,686 Posts
Was in the LGS a couple days ago and the store manager was telling the UPS driver that TWO gun packages were lost off the truck in the last couple weeks. One literally fell out of the truck and a local resident found it and brought it to the gun shop. They discussed where the package was found and when and I could tell the driver was trying to figure out who was likely on the rout.
I have a friend with a small shop in the town that I am from that had FEDEX leave gun packages on the front steps of his shop when he was not there. He called to complain, and they now refuse to deliver there.

Shipping will be another lever "they" use to degrade gun ownership over time.

2,686 Posts
Allowing theft uninvestigated and unremediated and then brushing off client complaints. Seems like a good candidate for a lawsuit
Mess with them much and they will simply refuse to deliver your packages. They don't care. The postal system is failing and UPS and Fedex know it. What are you going to do?
I never see DHL trucks here anymore. Amazon circles like a vulture looking to pick the bones of regular retail, but they aren't going to sell you the naughty.

Tremendous pressure will be applied to the gun trade by banks and credit card companies too, and insurance companies.

·
Registered
11,606 Posts
I ordered mags online.
When the package arrived, it was empty. It came in a manilla insulated envelope. Quite easy to feel they were mags. But it was stolen by brown employees.
Yes, I got a replacement for the order.
I had car parts come in from Summit. Open the package, plastic plumbing fittings. The car parts were switched on the way to me. Summit made good on it.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Ordered 500 rounds of 9mm from PSA a couple weeks ago and it arrived so damaged it must have been done on purpose. The box looked like a accordion, every box of rounds was broken open and loose rounds spilled out everywhere.
Sent pics to PSA with a very unsatisfied survey, no response, apparently they don't care how their product is being handled.
Brown is nothing but a group of anti-American gorillas... but less smart than gorillas.

·
What hell, pay attention
9,117 Posts
Ive heard a lot of the horror stories, and Im sure bad things have happened, but you can say that about any of them too. Ive had stuff come from UPS, USPS, and FedEx, and for the most part, they have all been pretty reliable. I used to use USPS more, especially when I was selling stuff on eBay, as they were a lot more accommodating and a bit easier to deal with and usually cheaper.

From my personal experience with the three, USPS is the one that's really gone downhill in the past 4 or 5 years and it just keeps getting worse. Our PO only has lobby hours 4 hours a day now, 2 in the morning, 2 in the afternoon. If you work, forget about getting there if you need anything.

I also have more problems with USPS getting bullet orders than I do the others. 2-3 day Priority with those orders is in reality, a guaranteed week or more. Ive watched them sit in the hub an hour and half away for days and not move, and have stopped in our local PO and asked them to look into it. Usually had them the next day when I did that too.

Over the years, Ive literally had tons of ammo, and a boatload of gun related stuff shipped to my house via UPS, and never had any problem there (other than the driver asking me to help carry it up to the house. :)).

Most all of the problems when there was damage, was because of how they packed things in the shipping department (Midway USA is about the worst!), and it really wasnt the fault of the carrier stuff was damaged.

Ive had a couple of other issues with them in the past leaving things somewhere else with other things, but each of those times, it was a substitute driver who didnt know the route.

Dealing with them at one of the UPS Stores (not really UPS) or the hubs is a different story, and generally a PITA. Many of them dont know their own rules and if you try and show them different, they arent going to be wrong, and you're not going to be right. Most of the time there, youre just better off getting a supervisor right off, at least at the hubs. Even then, theres no guarantee.

·
Registered
Depends
373 Posts
It seems to me with tracking numbers attached to the shipping labels. Somebody should be able to figure out with in reason where the stuff is being lost or stolen. I also believe that UPS backed up and are shipping all legal items again.
I have had non shooting items show up from all shippers that looked like it was dragged behind a vehicle. I refer to fedXsucks in that manner because they have let me down on over night shipping more than once. Dont even get me started on the rocket scientists at the post office.
NDR

1 - 20 of 84 Posts