Survivalist Forum banner

What company makes your favorite pistol?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Si vis pacem, para bellum
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What company makes your favorite pistol?

Im wondering what kind of brand everyone favores for handguns, and the reason why. (Example) Walther for the light trigger pull
or Heckler und Koch because of their reliability and innovation.

·
Si vis pacem, para bellum
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I chose H&K because of their innovation, safty, and their performance, altough I am a very big Beretta92 fan (One man stomped that pistol into piles of dirt, buried it, threw it in rivers, loaded empty shells, and it still functioned with 0 malfunctions) I ALSO selected H&K because they are one of my favorite rifle manufacturing companies. (yes, a bias opinion, but still) H&K made the first handgun with polymer plastic, the VP70 (Volkspistole 70) literly the Peoples Pistol 70, which had a fire rate of 2200 rounds per minute with a 3 round burst option, but only when the stock was attached.

A photograph of the VP70 handgun:

A Photograph of the VP70 with the stock attached:

Stock allows for the 3 round burst option.

I also selected H&K for the Mark 23, Mod 0 "Socom" pistol, because of its ruggedness and its reliability and deadly power. However its not my favorite because its almost the size of a Desert Eagle!:eek:

A photograph of the Mark 23, Mod 0 "Socom" handgun, with silencer and what looks to be a USP flashlight and or lazer attachment:

Another photograph of a Mark23 without any attachments, but a threaded barrel:

My favorite handgun by H&K would have to be the H&K USP (P8, as the Bundeswehr calls it) which comes in a variety of calibers (9mm, .40, .45, .357) and it is very reliable.

Photograph of the gun complemented nicely by a KM2000 Bundeswehr combat knife:

·
Registered
145 Posts
Here's a short test of a berreta. It did preform better than most pistols on the market probally would. If I win alot of money I'll decide wich is best, right now its pretty much looking at info on most of them.

·
Registered
7,224 Posts
I have carried Glock, Colt and Beretta professionally and personally.
I never had any problems with them save the Colt and only then after I messed with it.
I voted Glock for several reasons, mainly reliability, price, durability, ease of self repair.
I like HK but only the older pistols like the P7 and that VP70....I hate the VP trigger though.
The newer HKs just hold no appeal for me.
I lost interest in Sig after a relative in a large Metro PD here in Cali supervised their refit to Sig in the Sigpro line from the Beretta 92 and had many many many failures leading to Sig buying of them back.
He carries a Glock now.
I like Ruger pistols for stubborn reliability but refuse to buy new pistols from a company that doesn't support the right to keep and bear.
S&W revolvers are great but their autos, though I love the way the feel in the hand, are just too complex inside for my taste. A S&W 649 is one of my carry guns.
I've had a couple and had issues with the autos.
Walther are nice and I think their association with S&W will lead to a much better aspect over what I just posted.
Of all the brands mentioned the best fitting most natural pointing pistols I have ever had the pleasure to shoot the Luger beats them all hands down.
I love everything about the way they are built except that they are made to way to strict a set of tolerances for serious work.
That is a beautiful piece of machinery.

·
Watchin tha world go by
8,151 Posts
springfield, kimber -- my 1911s

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
for a revolver there is no replacing a S&W.
for an automatic I go with springfield or Cz

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.