Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i recently purchased a WASR 10. first off, i heard a lot of things about the gun, mainly that it's "bottom of the barrell", but i am extremely happy with mine. i must have picked out a fairly decent one because i haven't had any problems with it so far. any ways i live in NY which obviously isn't the best state to own any gun, and i want to know if anyone out there can give me some answers to questions like: what can i legally buy for the gun as far as accessories and such? what are some things i should change just to make a smoother action (i.e trigger slap) Any and all info is greatly apreciated!

·
NRA Instructor-Ohio CCW
3,169 Posts
Put a Tapco G2 FCG in(around $30).

Then it is just a matter of adding the furniture to get the look you prefer.

I would probably just do the G2 and spend the rest of my money on ammo and mags. They are becoming expensive and hard to get.

Don't let the gun snobs talk down you rifle. It will take care of business.

·
Registered
7,224 Posts
G2 group as stated, then, don't fork with it.
Do it yourself.
Bottom of the barrel?
At the bottom of a barrel of hammers you still have hammers.

·
Information is Ammunition
22,122 Posts
if anyone has a how to- on it, like a walk through- that would rock. Id like to see whats involved and needed

·
Registered
7,224 Posts
Dwind,
Hit youtube and search Saiga conversion there are a few vids that show installation of parts and how to keep the bolt hold open.

Reactions: Dwind

·
Registered
111 Posts
I had a WASR 10 and loved it. I had it dressed with a Bi-Rail, laser, and red-dot.

IMHO Now is the time to get all the guns, mags, and ammo you want.

Dressing them up would be the last thing on my list.

·
Looking ahead
2,178 Posts
Get some hi-cap mags unless you like the ideal of paying a fortune for 10 round mags for that WASR. The ban in question will try to again limit the mag capacity. I just ordered a sizable shipment of AR mags because they will become very hard to get later and you can never have too many mags or bullets.

If you've been to a bar and sat through last call then you have a pretty good ideal of whats happening except this last call starts prohibition all over again

·
Part Terminator
499 Posts
Now first off look at the Resiver. Does it say GP WASR 10/63 or WASR 10?
If it a GP WASR 10/63 it should already have G2 FCG with a Tapco Gas piston.

But cheack out this web site Romanian Kalashnikov This web site can help a lot on the WASR AK'S

·
American fearmaker
14,245 Posts
Do yourself a favor and mount a scope of some kind on it. Just a simple 4 X or 4 power magnification scope will do wonders for your accuracy. You don't have to go fancy or expensive, just decent. One thing, do NOT use the machine cover mounts. Use something that is more sturdy and reliable. Give it some thought, do some research and then mount the scope of your choice on your rifle. It'll help improve your overall accuracy in the majority of your shooting situations.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i have a side mount bi-rail with a holo site and laser combo on it. definatley increased the accuracy but i spent a good buck on rounds sighting the damn thing. sturdy as hell though. i would like to do a muzzle break but there is a small tac weld on the bottom of the break thats on it. cant tell if its threaded, i heard some aren't and you have to sometimes do it homemade style? any truth to that?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts