Survivalist Forum banner

41 - 60 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
5,098 Posts
My grandfather said: " never trust a fart" and never pass up a good woman" He lived to be 84. I make sure a flashlight is always close by and has good batteries. Same with a pistol. Close by and with ammo. A man needs a good woman, a good dog and a good rifle. Other that that, I'm flexible
and change to meet the situation.

·
Born 120 years too late.
5,283 Posts
IF YOU are going to find yourself in a gunfight... be sure you bring a gun.

stealing a quote from Bill Jordan as well as part of the title of his book
"There is no second place winner in a gun fight."

Clothing should never be "optional" for people over 40.

NEVER tick off a Harpy Eagle

Reactions: georgeg

·
Registered
12,833 Posts
I do not know the future, but I know who does.
Before I commit to something I pray because I know God has my back.
Before I travel any where I pray.
When I fall into hard times I pray because it usually is because I screwed up and I need God's intervention to see me through.
I have lived a good long life and have lived far longer than I had supposed, especially for the many times my life could very well have been extinguished.
I digress, I look forward to heaven, but I won't rush the event trusting there is more for me to accomplish.
My rule of life is to trust God.

David said," Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not unto thine own understanding, and in all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct they path."
A man borne of the Spirit of God has this advantage.

14,876 Posts
Add to my previous post:
1. Don't crap where you eat.
2. Don't screw where you work, or someone you work with.
3. Don't try to understand women.
4. Don’t make decisions when you’re angry.
5. Don’t make promises when you’re happy.
6. If you expect something in return for being nice, you're not really being nice.

And then there are some "special" rules. While the look harsh, they really aren't.
7. Screw me once, shame on you. Screw me twice, shame on me.
7a. If and when they screw you over, screw them back even harder.
7b. If they screw over someone you love, be sure to keep screwing them back so that they never forget why, or at least never suspect why.
7c. Stay focused and don't take it out on someone's family member. Minimize collateral damage if you can.
7d. Take your time. An opportunity will present itself eventually.
7e. Keep track of them, and what is going on in their lives.
7f. Don't risk getting fired or divorced; or going to jail, hospital, or morgue whilst exacting payback.
7g. Be inventive and just as devious, if not more, as them.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Never pass up a restroom.
Never pass up a good bourbon.
Do not think you can change someone.
People will tell you their intentions if you pay attention.
Never try a drug that people will stick things in their mouths to get money to buy.

·
Perception is NOT reality
686 Posts
  • Never let someone else decide who your friends are.
  • Say as little as possible to people whose minds are overthrown.
  • If you are being harassed or persecuted for no apparent reason, be mindful of the people standing around watching because, more likely than not, the ones doing the harassing are just mindless puppets of one of the people watching.

·
Registered
120 Posts
B
LOL Think I tended to scare girls off more than attract them. I've always been head and shoulders taller than every one else, hit 6' in Feb of the sixth grade, 6'2" in Aug going into the seventh. I was told many times my height tended to intimidate people.
Bob 3rd, I’m 5’3” and have mostly liked tall men. I dated a guy who was 6’4”. But my hubby is 6’. Never been intimidate by a tall man. After all dynamite comes in small packages.

·
3,389 Posts
B

Bob 3rd, I’m 5’3” and have mostly liked tall men. I dated a guy who was 6’4”. But my hubby is 6’. Never been intimidate by a tall man. After all dynamite comes in small packages.
LOL I wasn't just tall, I wasn't able to buy a two piece suit because when I found a jacket that would fit the slacks would fall off, tailors would ask me if I was a quarterback (only played till 17, knee injury). I tend to go thru doors slightly sideways, an unconscious habit, could (and still can) jam my shoulders tightly in a 24" wide door frame. Wore 34x36 slim wranglers. That wasn't from lifting weights, just nature.

ETA I finally stopped growing at almost 6'7" LOL

41 - 60 of 118 Posts