Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Smoke Eater
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are you using for a trauma/first aid bag?

What are you using for a trauma/first aid bag? I'm looking at a Maxpedition Proteus Versipack and/or the Sabercat Versipack

·
Prov 3:18
2,235 Posts
I don't have a dedicated trauma bag.Ihave what I call a field bag (blackhawk stompII).It has a front compartment that is set up for primarily trauma ,then the back is a combination of sick call and longer term care. The purpose made packs (try ebay in the militaria section or galls.com)will be better for your needs and less expensive.There are constantly blackhawk stomps for 30-50 and the stompII's for 100-200 on ebay.

·
Indefatigable
21,089 Posts
I found an old dr's bag on EBAY in nearly new condition.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Galls is great for finding just about everything. Remember to layer your pack...emergency items on top..long term under. I also use a drop leg rig for emergency treatment. This is great for GSW and other emergency times when you can't carry your full pack. You can get in and out fast...keep both hands free, and have a lower profile.

·
This site sucks
1,980 Posts
It depends on your level of care. Some people need band aids, some people need more. I would advise some training before you pick your FAK.

·
Smoke Eater
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It depends on your level of care. Some people need band aids, some people need more. I would advise some training before you pick your FAK.
I need a bag for EMT class that I can also use with my BOB (no bright colors) I would prefer something with MOLLE attachments, so I can attach it to my BOB

·
Registered
16 Posts
The more specialized a bag is, the less versatile it is. I have used/owned bags from Pacific Emergency Packs, BlackHawk, Thomas, and a whole bunch of generic bags. The very best bag I ever used was an Eagle Lightfighter. Fairly large, panel opener, big beefy paramedic proof zippers and stitching and a wide open interior compartment. Judicious use of smaller oranizer bags and ziplock baggies and I could get it to do whatever I needed and was able to adapt it to changing protocol/requirements. I found drop leg pouches to be more hassle then they were worth, getting snagged on stuff, flopping around and endeavoring to turn me into a soprano etc. If it works for you so be it, but the guiding principal of any of my tech bags was/is keep it as small as you can, keep it simple, keep it all in one place.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts