Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
List the book that you are currently reading, just finished, or about to begin. Along with the title, list the author if you can.

I am about to reread The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
I am currently reading A History of the Future by Kunstler

Then I'll be re-reading Forsaking Home before finishing the series with Resurrecting Home both by AA

After that, I'm tackling Shatter and Remnant by Thomas Sherry

Finally I have three books on hold for me at the library. On the Beach, The Last Ship, and one whose name I can't remember.

·
Registered
3,421 Posts
Currently in the 7th honor harrington book.
but only because the alliance and union series asks 18$ for an ebook.

How do you get to such old series ...well you were listening to filk on youtube.
Try leslie fish, "signe mallory"
Or Dawsons Christian.

So I was in the mood for some SF.

Im also halfway in a 19th century hotel cookbook.

·
Nemo me impune lacessit
2,642 Posts
Last two read were "One Second After" and "Day of Wrath" both by William R. Forstchen.
Current read is "A Nation Forsaken" by F. Michael Maloof.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
I've been reading books by the author Patrick Lee.

All 3 of his 1st trilogy of books were hard to put down - The Breach, Ghost Country and Deep Sky.

I'm getting ready to read his book Runner, which came out a while back. I think Signal is coming out in July.

·
Amat victoria curam
1,326 Posts
Just received early fathers day gift, Anna Hillerman "rock with wings" its her picking up the Navajo police mystery series from her late father, Tony Hillerman.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Currently

Sorry guys. I was going to write a short "shaggy dog story" about reading books that some of us were forced to read in school and found DRY to say the least.

This being the internet I got worried people would think I was trying to be a jerk instead of just humorous... so I decided discretion was the better part of valor and took it out.

I did save a copy so that I could laugh at myself in the future!!!! : )

·
Registered
3,181 Posts
I just finished rereading, "You Can Heal Your Life", by Louise L. Hay for about the fourth time.

I'm waiting impatiently for delivery of "The Deadliest Outlaw" by Jeffrey Burton about my insane Old West outlaw ancestor so that should be interesting.

In the meantime, I'll amuse myself with youtube vids about Game of Thrones, serial killers and more Louise Hay.

·
Provider
23 Posts
Currently on book 7 of 299 days on audio book when I have to drive for work. Pretty good read, gets a little long winded at times. The illustrated encyclopedia of country living is my reading material when I can actually sit down to read words in print.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Homeostasis Lost. Yeah, I know, it's young adult fiction. What can I say? I'm just a romantic. Well, maybe not, but I like the story.

·
Sci-Fi *******
193 Posts
Just finished rereading Alas Babylon by Pat Frank. Digging around for my copy of Farnham's Freehold by Heinlein.

Of course the light reading in the porcelain reading room is the Percy Jackson series because I'm just a big kid at heart.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
While I've read all the Hunger Games books, and re-read the first one, I think it might be time to move on to something else.

As I am just beginning to get into prepping, I am getting a broad peak of the whole sphere of genre related to it.

So I might delve into studying the New World Order, mostly with Gary Kah. His book, En Route To Global Occupation, woke me up to the prepping with his expose on the coming New World Order, and it made me begin to wonder about the coming years (which led me, in short, to this forum).

So I think I will read another one of Kah's books in the days ahead. Probably this one:

The Demonic Roots of Globalism

·
Registered
597 Posts
American Spartan: The Promise, the Mission, and the Betrayal of Special Forces Major Jim Gant

Next up is Shooting the Stickbow: A Practical Approach to Classical Archery

·
Registered
591 Posts
I've just finished reading for the second time "The Raggedy Edge" and its sequel, "Crossroad of Shadows" by Michael S. Turnlund. Story of a family struggling to survive in a community after a nationwide electrical blackout.
Also starting to read "Eat Real Food" by David Gillespie. Quite scary if you believe all he tells you about sugar and fructose which is in most of our processed food.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts